Montessori Center Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (412) 486-6239
- Montessori Centre Academy, Inc., a school nestled on 20 acres of private woodlands and accredited by the Middle States Association, is celebrating 50+ years of quality education.
- Our staff has over a century of experience in education, and are committed to the learning principles of Montessori. For 50+ years, we have been educating children using the Montessori and current high education standards and current innovative curriculum to impact the child`s development. Every year we work, as all educators do, to refine and enhance the curriculum to meet the needs of the child and prepare them for the future.
- Our delivery system is considered to be gifted, from Toddler to Pre-school to Elementary. This gifted curriculum allows a child to learn strategies for independent problem solving. The way the concepts overlap allows the child a depth of understanding and a produces a continuum of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call for Tuition Rates|
|Admissions Director||Yolanda Sweenie|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Grades: NS-5 | 118 students
620 Squaw Run Road East
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
(412) 963-8644 3.2 NS-5
- Cranberry Township Grades: PK-K | 73 students
204 Commerce Park Drive
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
(724) 778-0111 14.9 PK-K
If you care about your child's curriculum and about fostering the love of learning, then this is a "fit." It is a small school run by an intelligent and insightful Principal. The students have accelerated lessons without stress. Learning comes first here.
- Posted by Parent - Roy
Academic standards are high. The teachers are caring and dedicated. Spanish classes start the 3rd year of pre-school. I have both my kids in school here and it's fantastic.
- Posted by Parent - julie
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.