St Brendan School
- St. Brendan Academy opened in September 1931, with a staff of three sisters - Sr. M. Anita, Sr. M. Catherine, and Sr. M. Paula - and a registration of twenty-five students.
- The Parish's Fiftieth Anniversary Booklet relates, "The small numbers in faculty and students were more than compensated for by the spirit of hope and optimism and the desire to learn." The original program provided only a ninth grade curriculum; an additional grade was added each year until a full four-year academic course was completed.
- Nineteen girls, the first graduation class were granted diplomas in 1935.
- The St. Brendan Community School of Music is quickly gaining the reputation as a premiere music school in the North Bronx serving families throughout New York City and Westchester.
- The school's studios are housed on the 2nd and 3rd floors of St. Brendan's Convent.
- Quality and affordable lessons are offered in piano, guitar, voice, strings, winds, and brass.
- Teachers are conservatory-trained and teach both children and adults. Piano students will have the opportunity to perform on a beautiful newly donated grand piano.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||344 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 289 students
801 Bartholdi Street
Bronx, NY 10467
(718)944-0958 0.8 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 292 students
1617 Parkview Avenue
Bronx, NY 10461
(718)829-1706 3.4 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: K-7 | 152 students
719 E 216th St
Bronx, NY 10467
(718)653-2900 0.9 K-7
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.