St. Columbia School
- St. Columba is a Middle States Accredited Catholic elementary school located in the quiet Chelsea area in New York City.
- We are rated as #1 in school education with approximately 535 students. We range from Montessori (formerly PreKindergarten) to 8th Grade.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||203 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Dance, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Paddle Tennis,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After-School Program, Fencing, Movement/Dance, Piano, Tiger Schulmann's Karate|
- St. Columba is the only school in the Archdiocese to obtain a wireless computer network. We intergrate technology throughout the school in all curriculum areas. Students and faculty use Wireless network computers, Direct Television Cable, laserdiscs and interactive video conferencing/programming.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: NS-6 | 198 students
325 W 85th St
New York, NY 10024
(212)579-5525 3 NS-6
- New York Grades: NS-8 | 261 students
456 W 52nd Street
New York, NY 10019
(212)246-4784 1.3 NS-8
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.