St Cyril Of Alexandria School
Tel: (610) 623-1113
- Saint Cyril of Alexandria Learning Support Program is an optimistic Program that firmly believes that all students have the potential to learn.
- The Primary concern is to educate youth in a supportive environment that best meets their academic needs.
- As a result, the main focus is on the child's ability and not their disability.
- Therefore, an ongoing partnership with the learning support teacher, the regular education teacher, and parent/s will be established with the purpose of helping children succeed in both the learning support class and the regular classroom.
- With the support and guidance from the Pastor, Father Kearns and the Principal, Sister Barbara Montague, the program will flourish.
- As always, we value the parent/s and guardian/s who serve as the primary educators and advocates for their child/ren.
- Saint Cyril of Alexandria School has as its motto "Head to Heart to Hands." It is our aim to teach the students not only peacemaking skills, but also to encourage them to practice the skills learned through role-playing, study, and then live them in service to their neighbor as Jesus exhorts us, "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Mt 22:39).
- The Saint Cyril School Community continues to implement our SCS Peacemaking Plan.
- The Plan helps students to Stop and Think; Consider and Communicate; and Solve and Go in Peace when dealing with a problem.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lansdowne Grades: PK-6 | 104 students
110 N Lansdowne Ave
Lansdowne, PA 19050
(610) 623-2548 0.7 PK-6
- Drexel Hill Grades: PK-8 | 469 students
535 Mason Ave
Drexel Hill, PA 19026
(610) 449-8096 2 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?