St. George's School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (509) 464-8830
Our Mission: "Inspiring scholars, athletes, and artists to serve and lead others." Saint George`s passionate educators and extraordinary campus inspire each and every student in ways that have a beneficial lifetime impact. From kindergarten through 12th grade, every student is supported and celebrated as a scholar, athlete, and artist. We prepare graduates to be lifetime learners, developing their abilities to understand the world around them and to empathize and communicate with others. The result is students who earn admission to the most selective colleges and universities in the nation. But more than acceptance letters, our graduates leave Saint George`s with the intellect and talents to succeed in higher education and to serve and lead in all their chosen endeavors.
St. George's School places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||361 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level: kindergarten is $16,090; Grades 1-5 = $18,580; Grades 6-8 = $19,410, Grades 9-12 = $19,610|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,990|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tami Peplinski|
|Endowment Size||$7 million|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Golf, Kayaking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Mountaineering, Rock Climbing,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Associated Student Body/Student Council, Book Club, Climbing, Community Service, Debate, Knowledge Bowl, Lego League, Math is Cool, Outdoor Club, plus a variety of student initiated which varies according to interest, Robotics|
- Our Mission: "Inspiring scholars, athletes, and artists to serve and lead others." Saint George`s passionate educators and extraordinary campus inspire each and every student in ways that have a beneficial lifetime impact. From kindergarten through 12th grade, every student is supported and celebrated as a scholar, athlete, and artist. We prepare graduates to be lifetime learners, developing their abilities to understand the world around them and to empathize and communicate with others. The result is students who earn admission to the most selective colleges and universities in the nation. But more than acceptance letters, our graduates leave Saint George`s with the intellect and talents to succeed in higher education and to serve and lead in all their chosen endeavors.
- You can see the Saint George`s advantage everywhere you look on our campus: In the classrooms, where our talented, experienced teachers share their passion for learning with their students; In well-equipped labs and art studios, where teachers really get to know their students and personalize innovative lessons, activities, and field trips; In our athletic center, where playing on and cheering on our no-cut, championship sports teams is a long-standing tradition; On Graduation Lawn, where the festive Dragon Dance and formal Graduation ceremonies open and close the school year; And along the banks of the Little Spokane River, where science classes study macroinvertebrates while PE students canoe through the nature preserve that surrounds our scenic campus.
- Teachers at Saint George`s believe in preparing children to succeed in even the most challenging colleges and universities. They translate that belief into a balanced curriculum of rigorous academic training rounded out with performing arts and competitive athletics. They believe that parents recognize the importance of higher education and want to send their children off well prepared for the rigors of college academic life and capable of success outside the classroom.
- Students at Saint George`s are challenged daily to refine their analytical and creative skills. They learn to question and defend their ideas, accept responsibility for their actions, and develop their self-confidence through activities in and out of the classroom. They learn to write, to think, to communicate more clearly, and to make informed decisions. Saint George`s School prepares students for life beyond college in our changing and challenging world. Saint George`s Upper School students are involved in their community while excelling in the classroom. Each year students help clean local rivers, teach summer camps and volunteer for Spokane-area non-profits. Plus, some 80% participate in sports and over 50% participate in performing arts. Spanish instruction begins in Kindergarten, while 7th through 12th grade students can also study Mandarin Chinese.
- The International Baccalaureate is a globally recognized liberal arts curriculum, where students take rigorous courses in social sciences, English, science, math, arts, and proficiency in a second language. Saint George`s 11th and 12th grade students will take IB classes and earn IB diplomas and certificates. Saint George`s is the only school in the Spokane region offering the IB curriculum, which significantly increases acceptance rates among top tier universities. For more information visit: www.sgs.org/ib
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spokane Grades: PK-K | 37 students
9009 N Wall St
Spokane, WA 99218
(509) 466-6959 2.9 PK-K
- Kirkland Grades: 5-12 | 431 students
10613 NE 38th Place
Kirkland, WA 98033
(425) 822-5668 220.7 5-12
- Mercer Island Grades: K-12 | 134 students
9655 SE 36th Street,
Mercer Island, WA 98040
(206) 236-1095 221.6 K-12
St. George's has been an excellent fit for our daughter. The curriculum is very integrated and requires in-depth input and participation from the students. The teachers'' enthusiasm and love of their work and students is obvious. The emphasis is not just in academics; it is in all aspects of creating a well-rounded and active member of their community. They don't just teach citizenship, they DO it!
- Posted by Parent - ktdhu
St. George's School creates an atmosphere that encourages and supports academic excellence, creative thinking, and service learning. All students have ample opportunities to participate in all activities. Faculty advisors and teachers are incredibly supporting. The facilities are beautiful and enhance learning and exploration. As a current and alumni parent, I most highly recommend this school for any motivated student.
- Posted by Parent - samue
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.