St. George's School
Our Mission: "Inspiring scholars, athletes, and artists to serve and lead others." Saint George`s passionate educators and extraordinary campus inspire each and every student in ways that have a beneficial lifetime impact. From kindergarten through 12th grade, every student is supported and celebrated as a scholar, athlete, and artist. We prepare graduates to be lifetime learners, developing their abilities to understand the world around them and to empathize and communicate with others. The result is students who earn admission to the most selective colleges and universities in the nation. But more than acceptance letters, our graduates leave Saint George`s with the intellect and talents to succeed in higher education and to serve and lead in all their chosen endeavors.
- Top Ranked WA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Students: 361 students
- Yearly Tuition: $9,000
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
St. George's School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Average SAT score
Average ACT score
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition varies by grade level: kindergarten is $16,090; Grades 1-5 = $18,580; Grades 6-8 = $19,410, Grades 9-12 = $19,610
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Associated Student Body/Student Council, Book Club, Climbing, Community Service, Debate, Knowledge Bowl, Lego League, Math is Cool, Outdoor Club, plus a variety of student initiated which varies according to interest, Robotics
- Our Mission: "Inspiring scholars, athletes, and artists to serve and lead others." Saint George`s passionate educators and extraordinary campus inspire each and every student in ways that have a beneficial lifetime impact. From kindergarten through 12th grade, every student is supported and celebrated as a scholar, athlete, and artist. We prepare graduates to be lifetime learners, developing their abilities to understand the world around them and to empathize and communicate with others. The result is students who earn admission to the most selective colleges and universities in the nation. But more than acceptance letters, our graduates leave Saint George`s with the intellect and talents to succeed in higher education and to serve and lead in all their chosen endeavors.
- You can see the Saint George`s advantage everywhere you look on our campus: In the classrooms, where our talented, experienced teachers share their passion for learning with their students; In well-equipped labs and art studios, where teachers really get to know their students and personalize innovative lessons, activities, and field trips; In our athletic center, where playing on and cheering on our no-cut, championship sports teams is a long-standing tradition; On Graduation Lawn, where the festive Dragon Dance and formal Graduation ceremonies open and close the school year; And along the banks of the Little Spokane River, where science classes study macroinvertebrates while PE students canoe through the nature preserve that surrounds our scenic campus.
- Teachers at Saint George`s believe in preparing children to succeed in even the most challenging colleges and universities. They translate that belief into a balanced curriculum of rigorous academic training rounded out with performing arts and competitive athletics. They believe that parents recognize the importance of higher education and want to send their children off well prepared for the rigors of college academic life and capable of success outside the classroom.
- Students at Saint George`s are challenged daily to refine their analytical and creative skills. They learn to question and defend their ideas, accept responsibility for their actions, and develop their self-confidence through activities in and out of the classroom. They learn to write, to think, to communicate more clearly, and to make informed decisions. Saint George`s School prepares students for life beyond college in our changing and challenging world. Saint George`s Upper School students are involved in their community while excelling in the classroom. Each year students help clean local rivers, teach summer camps and volunteer for Spokane-area non-profits. Plus, some 80% participate in sports and over 50% participate in performing arts. Spanish instruction begins in Kindergarten, while 7th through 12th grade students can also study Mandarin Chinese.
- The International Baccalaureate is a globally recognized liberal arts curriculum, where students take rigorous courses in social sciences, English, science, math, arts, and proficiency in a second language. Saint George`s 11th and 12th grade students will take IB classes and earn IB diplomas and certificates. Saint George`s is the only school in the Spokane region offering the IB curriculum, which significantly increases acceptance rates among top tier universities. For more information visit: www.sgs.org/ib
St. George's has been an excellent fit for our daughter. The curriculum is very integrated and requires in-depth input and participation from the students. The teachers'' enthusiasm and love of their work and students is obvious. The emphasis is not just in academics; it is in all aspects of creating a well-rounded and active member of their community. They don't just teach citizenship, they DO it!
St. George's School creates an atmosphere that encourages and supports academic excellence, creative thinking, and service learning. All students have ample opportunities to participate in all activities. Faculty advisors and teachers are incredibly supporting. The facilities are beautiful and enhance learning and exploration. As a current and alumni parent, I most highly recommend this school for any motivated student.
Endorse St. George's School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.