St Irenaeus Preschool
5.00 (2 reviews)
- After 88 years of serving children in K-8 in the Oakmont area, St. Irenaeus ended it's K-8 program in June 2015 and is taking a new direction.
- In the fall of 2015, the main St. Irenaeus School building, located on the beautiful tree lined streets of Oakmont, will continue offering an Early Childhood Program.
- Under the direction of certified faculty and caring volunteers,the Preschool program will provide multiple learning experiences for children ages 3 and 4.
- Make sure you come and visit this little gem! St. Irenaeus School has been recognized for 88 years for it's quality education and family atmosphere of caring and the Preschool will carry on that legacy!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Comfortable and safe clothing for play and adventure!)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Scholarships Are Availableif eligible|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Jill Hubert|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
- Scholarship assistance for preschool tuition available upon request
- Afterschool program available from 2:30-5:30 p.m.
- Parent involvement encouraged
- Field trips, computer class
- Nurturing Christian environment of caring and respect
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- VeronaGrades: KG-8 | 182 students
825 2nd St
Verona, PA 15147
- PittsburghGrades: PK-8 | 422 students
325 Emerson St
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- New KensingtonGrades: PK-8 | 226 students
110 Elmtree Road
New Kensington, PA 15068
- MonroevilleGrades: PK-8 | 325 students
245 Azalea Dr
Monroeville, PA 15146
- CheswickGrades: K-12 | 151 students
1407 Pittsburgh St
Cheswick, PA 15024
Our son loves it! The teachers and staff are always smiling, and are great at communicating everything to the parents. It has been a wonderful experience sending our child here!
- Posted by Parent - chuck
St. Irenaeus School has recently received it's Reaccreditation for the next 10 years from the Middle States Association! Congratulations! Over the years it has developed into a high quality school, with an excellent curriculum which includes Robotics and Computer Technology classes. Each year students are selected for the National Carson Scholar Award, and for the past several years students have taken First Place in the Junior Achievement Pittsburgh's Future Now program. The school has also received awards in the annual Elks Drug Awareness Contest, the annual Allegheny Fire Prevention Essay and Poster Contest, Basketball Tournaments and many other events too numerous to mention here. St. Irenaeus School has a feeling of PEACE when you enter the school where character and values are held in high regard. The faculty is constantly working on their professional development by attending conferences and workshops in their area of expertise. It is a small school, but BIG on quality curriculum , instilling character value , parental involvement and most of all a Christian witness of service to those in need. It is truly a hidden gem in Oakmont!
- Posted by Administrator - cpapp
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.