St. John School: A Personalized Learning Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (636) 779-2325
St. John School: A Personalized Learning Academy Photo #2 - St. John School's Early Childhood Center is a distinctive program where classrooms are filled with beauty. Students' minds and hands are challenged to think and explore, and teachers radiate love for their students and Jesus.
St. John School: A Personalized Learning Academy Photo #3 - 1-on-1 attention from teachers throughout the school day.
St. John School: A Personalized Learning Academy Photo #4 - Modern, interactive education in a warm, comfortable environment.
St. John School: A Personalized Learning Academy Photo #6 - Core content time in areas such as math and science provide learning opportunities with subject matter experts.
St. John School: A Personalized Learning Academy Photo #7 - Our students are encouraged to research and explore!
St. John School: A Personalized Learning Academy Photo #8 - We're big fans of pencil and paper and tactile learning. Our learning environment provides an opportunity for students to work through curriculum in a variety of ways.
St. John School: A Personalized Learning Academy Photo #9 - Athletics help foster teamwork for our students and community for our families.
Personalized learning tailored to each student`s unique gifts, strengths, and individual needs.
Development of real-life success skills that prepare students to be communicators, collaborators, and critical thinkers.
Modern, interactive education in a warm, comfortable environment. Cultivation of the whole person academically, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
A supportive community, where students are encouraged to stretch themselves, dig deeper, and feel comfortable.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2008|
|Total Students||307 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
( red, white, blue polo shirts, khaki or navy blue shorts, pants, school plaid skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates for the 2020-21 year are detailed on our website: https://stjls.org/about/tuition-scholarships/|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Julie Lorenz|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel Bausch|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Lego Club, Robotics Club, Scholar Quiz Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run
St. John School: A Personalized Learning
Cultivating the confident learners and leaders our world is hungry for
- Early Childhood Center
- St. John Early Childhood Center is a distinctive program where classrooms are filled with beauty. Students` minds and hands are challenged to think and explore, and teachers radiate love for their students and Jesus.
- Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
- Students are naturally curious, creative and eager to learn. At St. John School, Kindergarten - 2nd Grade fosters this value through a program that empowers student voice, provides age-appropriate choice, and utilizes hands-on activities that align with our personalized approach. Students experience an education that is tailored to their unique gifts, strengths, and individual needs.
- 3rd - 5th Grade
- Students enter a studio classroom environment. It`s here they experience increased opportunities for self-direction and self-advocacy. Core content is delivered through a team-teaching approach and in multiple ways (digital and analog methods) and reinforced through project-based learning experiences. Academics, real-life success skills, and social-emotional learning skills are prioritized through 1-on-1 advisory time with teachers.
- 6th - 8th Grade
- As students enter upper-grade levels, they continue to hone the success skills they have developed that prepare them for the transition to high school. Students experience a rigorous personalized curriculum, rotating through different learning spaces and teachers, and real-life project work that reinforces core concepts and competencies. Students continue to build independence and self-regulation by taking greater ownership of their schedules and coursework. The upper-grade levels have an increased focus on social-emotional learning to help students become confident learners and leaders in any high school environment.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to St. John School: A Personalized Learning Academy is St. Gemma Center (0.9 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is St. Clare Of Assisi School (0.9 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Afa Academy/howard Park Center (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ballwin Grades: K | 44 students
265 Steamboat Lane
Ballwin, MO 63011
(636) 405-2701 0.8 K
- Ballwin Grades: PK-8 | 283 students
15668 Clayton Rd
Ballwin, MO 63011
(636) 227-8654 0.9 PK-8
- Ballwin Grades: K-10 | 6 students
15712 Clayton Rd
Ballwin, MO 63011
(636) 230-0580 0.9 K-10
- Ballwin Grades: PK-8 | 581 students
248 New Ballwin Rd
Ballwin, MO 63021
(636) 227-0802 1.4 PK-8
- Ballwin Grades: PK-K | 578 students
513 Strecker Road
Ballwin, MO 63011
(363) 458-4414 2.2 PK-K
I feel blessed every day to have found such a remarkable personalized learning academy for my children! Their social and emotional growth is at the heart of each teacher, and the out-pour of love is unmeasurable - from students, families, all teachers and staff. I feel like the teachers care for my children like they are their own. And to top it off, academically, my children are above most kids their age in other schools!!! We also play many sports at school, and the kids are taught how to self regulate, ask questions, and advocate for themselves on and off campus. They even talk in that articulated manor!! It's incredible. It really is a unique Christian school that we are so lucky to be a part of each day!!! 5
- Posted by Parent - Anne Boedges
We love St. John! Our boys are thriving both academically and socially. The personalized learning approach teaches them how to collaborate with others, reason, advocate, and even negotiate and debate successfully. The teachers genuinely care for and about the students, and the administrators (Scott and Rachel) have a TRUE PASSION for finding better ways to prepare our students for negotiating life and being ready for whatever challenges they may be presented with. They are learning skills that go well beyond just being able to get a good test score, and we are so happy that our boys are able to have this opportunity!
- Posted by Parent - Tim and Marianne DeWitt
St. John's is a wonderful school. Our child also attended preschool here prior to K-8 and we couldn't be more grateful for the teachers we've had. The staff are all so kind and feel like family. With their educational approach being so personalized, other schools really can't compare!
- Posted by Parent - STJ Parent
We are so blessed to have such a wonderful school to nurture and educate our children.Small class sizes, personalized learning, and loving community.
- Posted by Parent - St John Parent
We are so proud and blessed for our family to be a part of St. John! There are not enough words to express are love and gratitude for the teachers and administrators that pour their hearts and souls into our children daily. It is truly a family environment with outstanding academics!
- Posted by Parent - STJ Cougars!!
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.