St. John The Evangelist School
- Be it known to all who enter here that Christ is the reason for school; the unseen, but ever - present teacher in its classes, the model of its faculty, the inspiration of its students.
- The aim of Saint John the Evangelist is to educate the child for this world and prepare him for the next. We do this by affording the fullest opportunity to realize the fourfold purpose of Christian education, message, service, community and worship.
- It is our vocation to "Teach as Jesus did." Students are encouraged through instruction and example in every area of the curriculum to accept and apply the Gospel Message.
- As Catholic school teachers, we will help students acquire skills, virtues, and habits of heart and mind required for effective service to others.
- Realizing the parents' right and obligation to be primary educators of their children, we will assist them in fulfilling this responsibility.
- Being a total faith community, parents, teachers, priests, administrators, and students must earnestly desire to establish a oneness with the community by taking a responsible leadership role in creating a just society.
- Recognizing that the Mass is the most perfect form of worship, this holy sacrifice is presented as an integral part of the school program.
- We pledge, through our example, that our students will always respect the first obligation by which all are bound - to love God above all things and to love one's neighbor as oneself.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(uniforms K - 8)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,375|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available|
|Admissions Director||Christine Roskovensky|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Forensics Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science Literary Competition newspaper Forensics Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science Literary Competition newspaper,
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?