St. John Vianney Regional School
Tel: (610) 435-8981
St. John Vianney Regional School offers quality, faith-based curriculum of traditional core subjects enriched by a broad range of specialty areas.
Our teachers are skilled in knowing what to teach in a subject, how to teach it and when to teach it.
St. John Vianney educators instill a love of learning while encouraging each student to reach his or her academic potential.
St. John Vianney students will acquire not only the essential skills they need for future success, but also the independence of thought and creativity necessary to be life-long learners leading Christian lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, polo, plaid jumpers, dress shirt, tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,952|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition based on parish membership at St. Francis, St. Paul and Cathedral Churches. Non-Catholics welcome!|
|Admissions Director||Amy Santos|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||8th Grade Play, Altar Servers, Art, Back to School BBQ, Bring Someone Special to Lunch, Chess Club, Daddy Daughter Dance, Declamation Contest, Diocesan Spelling Bee, Disciples of the Month, Dogtag Program (Do One Good Thing & Generously!), Family Free Movie Nights, German Club, MathCounts, National History Day, Prayer Partners, Rosary Club, Safety Patrol, SJV Gazette, Student Band, Student Council, Vianney Voices Student Choir, Writing & Science Competitions, Yearbook Committee|
- Curriculum based on Diocesan guidelines that exceed set state requirements.
- Intellectually stimulating Early Childhood programs.
- Full day Kindergarten that provides a headstart on reading, mathematics and writing skills.
- Title 1 Remedial Support, Resource Room, Speech Therapy, Guidance Counselor and ACT 89.
- Specialty subjects for K-8: Art and Music Appreciation, Physical Education, Second Language Skills, Library Studies and Technology Instruction.
- Daily religious instruction and prayer.
- Emphasis on Catholic values, traditions and devotions.
- Weekly participation in school Masses with student participation.
- Sacramental opportunities.
- Mission and service projects.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Allentown Grades: PK-8 | 211 students
1151 S Cedar Crest Blvd
Allentown, PA 18103
(610) 776-7301 2.5 PK-8
- Allentown Grades: NS-8 | 59 students
518 N 2nd St
Allentown, PA 18102
(610) 433-2323 2 NS-8
- Allentown Grades: NS-6 | 80 students
814 W Linden Street
Allentown, PA 18101
(610) 435-4060 1.1 NS-6
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.