St Joseph Catholic School
- St. Joseph Catholic School is guided by the teachings of Jesus Christ, whose legacy is preserved and carried on by the Catholic Church.
- The school provides children with a quality education that will enable them to become confident, active, and moral leaders in their families as well as in their faith and social communities.
- Our goals are to provide a program of religious education based on Catholic theology, scripture, tradition, and liturgical worship that fosters in each child an internalized love of God, neighbor, and self; to provide a varied and flexible educational curriculum program built on a strong, basic foundation that meets and challenges each child's intellectual, emotional, and physical abilities; to provide a positive learning environment that encourages, reinforces, and rewards each child's efforts leading to healthy and wholesome selfknowledge; to integrate religious values, based on Catholic teaching of social justice, with secular knowledge in all areas of the curriculum; and to teach decision-making skills that result in the formation of an informed individual capable of active participation and positive contributions to Church, country, and the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)
National Catholic Education Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,010|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Football, Freestyle Skiing,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Builders Club through Kiwanis of Manatee Grades 6-8, Jr. Legion of Mary, K-Kids through Kiwanis of Manatee Grades 2-5, National Junior Honor Society, Safety Patrol, Student Government|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bradenton Grades: PK-12 | 152 students
5512 26th St W
Bradenton, FL 34207
(941)727-6860 2.1 PK-12
- Sarasota Grades: PK-8 | 434 students
4380 Fruitville Road
Sarasota, FL 34232
(941)953-4181 10.1 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.