St Joseph Catholic School
- St. Joseph Catholic School is guided by the teachings of Jesus Christ, whose legacy is preserved and carried on by the Catholic Church.
- The school provides children with a quality education that will enable them to become confident, active, and moral leaders in their families as well as in their faith and social communities.
- Our goals are to provide a program of religious education based on Catholic theology, scripture, tradition, and liturgical worship that fosters in each child an internalized love of God, neighbor, and self; to provide a varied and flexible educational curriculum program built on a strong, basic foundation that meets and challenges each child's intellectual, emotional, and physical abilities; to provide a positive learning environment that encourages, reinforces, and rewards each child's efforts leading to healthy and wholesome selfknowledge; to integrate religious values, based on Catholic teaching of social justice, with secular knowledge in all areas of the curriculum; and to teach decision-making skills that result in the formation of an informed individual capable of active participation and positive contributions to Church, country, and the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)
National Catholic Education Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||278 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,010|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Football, Freestyle Skiing,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Builders Club through Kiwanis of Manatee Grades 6-8, Jr. Legion of Mary, K-Kids through Kiwanis of Manatee Grades 2-5, National Junior Honor Society, Safety Patrol, Student Government|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bradenton Grades: PK-12 | 152 students
5512 26th St W
Bradenton, FL 34207
(941) 727-6860 2.1 PK-12
- Sarasota Grades: PK-8 | 434 students
4380 Fruitville Road
Sarasota, FL 34232
(941) 953-4181 10.1 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.