St. Joseph's School for the Deaf is a non-sectarian, tuition free, 12 month educational program for Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing students.
We provide a language and literacy rich environment to develop strong readers and writers, effective communicators, and critical thinkers.
On-site related services and evaluators, a diverse social program, and access to technology round out our program.
We strive to prepare students for success in high school, college, the work-force and the community.
St. Joseph's School For The Deaf ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
National avg.: 85%
- Saint Joseph's School for the Deaf was founded in 1869 in the Fordham section of the Bronx, New York.
- The mission of St. Joseph's Children's Fund is to help build a model school for deaf education using new technologies to improve literacy and ensure access to education, information and opportunities so that St. Joseph's children can grow to be participating members of society. Development of optimal communication skills in American Sign Language (ASL), Spoken English, or both ensure proficient communicators who can interact effectively in school, at home, and in the community.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of St. Joseph's School For The Deaf?
The acceptance rate of St. Joseph's School For The Deaf is 80%, which is higher than the national average of 79%.
What is St. Joseph's School For The Deaf's ranking?
St. Joseph's School For The Deaf ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for: Highest percentage of students of color, Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for St. Joseph's School For The Deaf?
The application deadline for St. Joseph's School For The Deaf is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse St. Joseph's School For The Deaf. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.