St. Joseph's School For The Deaf
Tel: (718) 828-9000
St. Joseph's School for the Deaf is a non-sectarian, tuition free, 12 month educational program for Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing students.
We provide a language and literacy rich environment to develop strong readers and writers, effective communicators, and critical thinkers.
On-site related services and evaluators, a diverse social program, and access to technology round out our program.
We strive to prepare students for success in high school, college, the work-force and the community.
St. Joseph's School For The Deaf places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
- Saint Joseph's School for the Deaf was founded in 1869 in the Fordham section of the Bronx, New York.
- The mission of St. Joseph's Children's Fund is to help build a model school for deaf education using new technologies to improve literacy and ensure access to education, information and opportunities so that St. Joseph's children can grow to be participating members of society. Development of optimal communication skills in American Sign Language (ASL), Spoken English, or both ensure proficient communicators who can interact effectively in school, at home, and in the community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 261 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
(718) 519-7000 2.4 PK-12
- Bronx Grades: NS | 167 students
3830 Paulding Ave
Bronx, NY 10469
(718) 882-1212 3.9 NS
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.