St Joseph School
Tel: (570) 275-2435
- St. Joseph's is a Catholic School which, in partnership with their parents, have for more than 125 years been dedicated to preparing students for their future.
- Our program is designed to make a distinctive contribution to that future by helping children develop as individuals - academically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
- We emphasize strong Christian values and Faith in God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
MSA-CESS Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact school administration or the school office for tuition costs. Tuition varies by Religion. Financial Aid is available.|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$50,000|
|Admissions Director||Kimberly Winters|
|Admissions Associate||Kim Winters|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Martial Arts, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Program, Boy Scouts, Dance, Forensics, Math Club, Math with Bloomsburg University, Rosary Club, Science Explorers, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Tiger TV, Yearbook Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CYO Basketball and Cheerleading, Junior High Sports with Danville Area School District
- St. Joseph School is a Catholic school founded in 1890 to educate the students of Danville and the surrounding communities.
- Because our children are the future of our Church and of our community, the school program is designed to make a distinct contribution to that future by helping children in grades 1 through 8 develop their individual potential academically, spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally.
- St. Joseph School cultivates a strong faith in God, stresses positive values, and encourages its students to become involved Christians.
- We believe that all students will be instilled with a love of their faith through a traditional Christian centered education; that no education is complete unless it includes principles of the Gospels; and that because there is more to education than schooling, the parents have the primary responsibility for the education of their children.
- The school depends on them to collaborate in various ways with what the school is trying to do.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danville Grades: PK-K | 47 students
580 Railroad St
Danville, PA 17821
(570) 275-1505 0.5 PK-K
- Danville Grades: 1-9 | 52 students
422 Elysburg Rd
Danville, PA 17821
(570) 672-9547 4 1-9
- Danville Grades: 1-8 | 25 students
50b Crawford Rd
Danville, PA 17821 7.1 1-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?