Sunbury Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (570) 473-7592
- Sunbury Christian Academy is a private, not for profit Christian school located just north of the borough of Northumberland in beautiful central Pennsylvania.
- Sunbury Christian Academy seeks to partner with parents to develop well-educated Christ-followers who positively impact their world for Christ.
- SCA was founded in 1974 as a ministry of Sunbury Bible Church (SBC) and is committed to training students spiritually, mentally, and physically. Under SBC, SCA exists to give all glory to God by worshiping Him in spirit and truth. SCA seeks to bring students to saving faith in Christ and to disciple believers to Christ-like maturity, equip them to reach out to all people in love, and proclaim His salvation both near and far.
- SCA`s vision is to prepare students to be responsible, well-educated citizens, who reflect a Biblical worldview, as evidenced by a lifestyle that honors and glorifies the Lord.
- SCA enrolls students from Pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade with the purpose of helping students realize their full potential by promoting high academic standards. We believe the most effective education takes place in an atmosphere where God is honored, His word taught, and all academic subjects and activities are integrated with a Biblical worldview.
- SCA offers a formal program of academic courses with additional classes in art, music, foreign language, physical education and computer. Also available are CSIU support services for reading, math and speech.
- Teaching and administrative staff have graduated from accredited colleges and universities and are state certified professionals.
- SCA facilities include modern, computer networked classrooms, a library, a fully equipped computer lab, a science lab, a complete gymnasium, athletic fields and a cafeteria with a hot lunch program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all possible|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(neat and modest)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||There are multiple family discounts and scholarships are available for those who qualify.|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$700|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Big Pitcher Service Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Drama/Theater Club, Instrument Lessons, Musical
- Sunbury Christian Academy is a private, not for profit Christian school located just north of the borough of Northumberland in beautiful central Pennsylvania. Sunbury Christian Academy exists to equip students to honor and serve Christ through an education that integrates biblical principles and values with a quality academic program. SCA offers a formal program of academic courses with additional classes in art, music, foreign language, physical education and computer. SCA facilities include modern, computer networked classrooms, a library, a fully equipped computer lab, a science lab, a complete gymnasium, athletic fields and a cafeteria for the hot lunch program.
Profile last updated:
SCA has been blessed to see the Lord's hand at work in all aspects of the school. The Lord is honored and glorified.Spiritual training is just as important as a strong academic program. We have a lovely facility that we are planning to add to in a couple of years.The majority of our graduates go on to higher education.We are thankful to have a music program at all levels, drama, sports , and students participate in the various ACSI competitions. Our middle school and high school students have participated, and won, the state Envirothon 7 out of the last 10 years. Soccer and basketball are our primary sports with some track particitation in the spring. We have a dinner theatre for 3 evenings every April. All of these things require parent involvement and we have some very dedicated parents. We finished the STAR program, through ACSI, recently and continue to look to the Lord for ways to improve our school. One of the things we are very excited about is our new learning lab. We affectionately call it ALL because our desire is to meet ALL of the needs of ALL of our students All of the time. The Lab allows for various learning styles, remediation, challenging our gifted students, AP classes, and dual credit courses.
- Posted by Administrator - scana
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.