- The mission of St. Louis King of France School, in coordination with St. Louis King of France Church and the family, is to attempt to provide a Catholic education for its students in an environment which fosters academic excellence and Gospel values.
- St. Louis King of France School seeks to educate the whole child in preparation for a Catholic secondary education and life's daily experience.
- Established in 1953, St. Louis continues to educate and develop the whole child: physically, intellectually, emotionally, morally, and spiritually.
- We strive to foster in each child a respect for himself, his peers, his family and other significant persons involved in his life, his country, and most importantly, God.
- Today, St. Louis King of France School continues to keep pace with the latest in technology and educational advancements.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Middle School Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-7|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||We provide learning-different children with grade level instruction while developing each student\|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2000|
|Total Students||405 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||This is the average cost of tuition. Nursery through PK2 is year around, therefore is more expensive. PK3 and PK4 is slightly higher because of the low student/teacher ratio.|
|Admissions Director||Pamela K. Schott, Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Football, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Flag Football, Football,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Choir, Drama Club, Library Club Chess Club, Choir, Drama Club, Library Club,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MetairieGrades: PK-12 | 307 students
201 Pasadena Avenue
Metairie, LA 70001
MetairieGrades: NS-7 | 337 students
1801 Division Street
Metairie, LA 70001
GretnaGrades: NS-8 | 458 students
3101 Wall Blvd
Gretna, LA 70056
MetairieGrades: PK-7 | 442 students
215 Betz Pl
Metairie, LA 70005
MetairieGrades: PK-12 | 330 students
5236 Glendale St
Metairie, LA 70006
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.