St. Luke's School
- St. Luke's School encourages and challenges students to achieve academically, grow spiritually, and use their gifts to serve effectively as Christian leaders.
- The school community provides an enriching, nurturing, faith-filled learning environment for students in pre-school through grade eight.
- The only STEAM Certified school on the East Bay
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1994, 2003|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,800|
|Tuition Notes||Check web site for tuition rates to include in-parish, out-of-parish and preschool|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$750|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Neil Kiely|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Servers, Competitive Math Team, Math Counts Club, Robotics Team, Sacred Heart, Sandwich Club, Service Ministries (Junior and Senior), Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Drama Cub, Instrument Instruction
- The process of shaping and building your child's future begins at birth. One of the most important decisions you will make for your child is choosing the best school; a decision that will have a profound impact on all of you.
- The decision to enroll your child at St. Luke's School ensures academic challenges and exposure to Christian values. SLS is an investment in your child's education but also in their moral well-being. Small class size provides a personal and safe environment which allows students to build self-confidence and maximize their potential. It is refreshing to see students flourish when they don't have to worry about bullying or wearing the latest fashions.
- We have combined academic excellence and embraced our Catholic roots to develop themind, heart and spirit of our graduates since 1958. Spiritual growth and development is nourished every day through prayer, reflection and instruction.
- Whether a 3 year old in our award-winning preschool program or an about to graduate eighth grader, the goal is the same; to produce citizens of superior Scholarship, Leadership and Spirituality.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rumford Grades: NS-8 | 226 students
42 Bishop Ave
Rumford, RI 02916
(401)434-2338 6.5 NS-8
- North Providence Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
15 Edendale Avenue
North Providence, RI 02911
(401)351-0403 8.8 PK-8
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.