St Maria Goretti Elementary School
- St. Maria Goretti School recognizes the parents as the primary educators of their children.
- The administration, faculty, and staff accept the challenge to support parents by providing a solid educational program steeped in the atmosphere of Gospel values.
- Our aim is that each student develops, within our diverse student body, a realistic self-image, learn according to their God-given ability, and grow in awareness of the needs of others.
- We strive to accomplish this within the local, national, and global community of believers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,318|
|Tuition Notes||$388 month – Includes discounts for Fundraising, Service Hours, and Carnival Hours$433.35 month – Includes discounts for Fundraising & Service Hours$438 month – Includes discount for Fundraising$415.27 month – Includes discount for Service Ho|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Hernandez|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Computers, Music Lessons, Spanish|
- Schoolwide Learning Expectations are "EAGLES" . . . an EDUCATED student who demonstrates grade-level appropriate knowledge and skills in all subjects taught. A . . . an AWARE student who shows respect toward all of God's creations and sensitivity to the needs of others. G . . . a GENEROUS student who gives willingly and unselfishly to others. L . . . a LOVING student who is loyal to God, country, family, friends, and treats others as he/she wants to be treated. E . . . an ENTHUSIASTIC student who participates actively in his/her education, both in and out of the classroom. S . . . a SPIRITUAL student who demonstrates proper reverence for God and the Church and participates actively in the Catholic faith.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakewood Grades: NS-PK | 79 students
4645 Woodruff Avenue
Lakewood, CA 90713
(562)421-8441 1.1 NS-PK
- Long Beach Grades: K-8 | 326 students
3330 N Bellflower Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90808
(562)425-7813 1.3 K-8
- Long Beach Grades: PK-8 | 261 students
5133 E Arbor Rd
Long Beach, CA 90808
(562)425-7341 1.7 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.