St Maria Goretti Elementary School
St Maria Goretti Elementary School Photo #2 - Fall is happening at St. Maria Goretti School. SMG is fortunate to have trees that change color during the seasons of the year.
St Maria Goretti Elementary School Photo #3 - Family activities are full of fun and creativity. Every Halloween we celebrate Halloween as a school community at our annual Trunk or Treat Festival.
St Maria Goretti Elementary School Photo #4 - Student Council is prayed upon to be our St. Maria Goretti Leaders.
St Maria Goretti Elementary School Photo #5 - St. Maria Goretti School''s campus has many areas with grass and trees. Here is a picture after our May Crowning that was celebrated outside with the entire school. Each student brought a flower to place in the vases in front of Mary.
- St. Maria Goretti School recognizes the parents as the primary educators of their children.
- The administration, faculty, and staff accept the challenge to support parents by providing a solid educational program steeped in the atmosphere of Gospel values.
- Our aim is that each student develops, within our diverse student body, a realistic self-image, learn according to their God-given ability, and grow in awareness of the needs of others.
- We strive to accomplish this within the local, national, and global community of believers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,318|
|Tuition Notes||$388 month – Includes discounts for Fundraising, Service Hours, and Carnival Hours$433.35 month – Includes discounts for Fundraising & Service Hours$438 month – Includes discount for Fundraising$415.27 month – Includes discount for Service Ho|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Hernandez|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Computers, Music Lessons, Spanish|
- Schoolwide Learning Expectations are "EAGLES" . . . an EDUCATED student who demonstrates grade-level appropriate knowledge and skills in all subjects taught. A . . . an AWARE student who shows respect toward all of God's creations and sensitivity to the needs of others. G . . . a GENEROUS student who gives willingly and unselfishly to others. L . . . a LOVING student who is loyal to God, country, family, friends, and treats others as he/she wants to be treated. E . . . an ENTHUSIASTIC student who participates actively in his/her education, both in and out of the classroom. S . . . a SPIRITUAL student who demonstrates proper reverence for God and the Church and participates actively in the Catholic faith.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakewood Grades: NS-PK | 79 students
4645 Woodruff Avenue
Lakewood, CA 90713
(562)421-8441 1.1 NS-PK
- Long Beach Grades: K-8 | 326 students
3330 N Bellflower Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90808
(562)425-7813 1.3 K-8
- Long Beach Grades: PK-8 | 261 students
5133 E Arbor Rd
Long Beach, CA 90808
(562)425-7341 1.7 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.