St. Mark Catholic School
Tel: (317) 786-4013
St. Mark Catholic School Photo #2 - St. Mark Catholic School was awarded an "A" letter grade by the Indiana Department of Education for 2018!
- St. Mark Catholic School is a leader in Catholic education on the south side of Indianapolis for over 70 years.
- Our school is highly diverse with students from 18 different countries of the world.
- We have 2 full-time ESL teachers, 2 full-time Special Needs teachers and 14 teaching assistants. Mission Statement: Teaching as Jesus taught, St. Mark Catholic School, as a ministry of St. Mark Parish, will value the unique gifts of each individual by providing academic challenges, promoting physical, mental, and spiritual well-being, and instilling motivation to become life-long learners and disciples of God.
St. Mark Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Full-time Special Needs Teacher|
|Total Students||402 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Grades K-5:Navy Blue pants/white or light blue polo Grades 6-8: Khaki pants, white or Black polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,800|
|Tuition Notes||Parishioner Rate: 1 child $4800, 2 children $6700 3+ children $7800 Non-Parishioner Rate: 1 child $5800, 2 children $9000 3+ children $10700 Pre-K: $4000 (no multi-children discount)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Rusty Albertson|
|Admissions Associate||Beth Leszcynski|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Team, After Care/Before Care available, After School Tutoring, Alter Servers, Band, Book Fair, Boys and Girl Scouts, Children's Choir, CYO Sports, Drama-Spring Muscial, Service Club, Spell Bowl|
- Vision Statement: The St. Mark School community strives to create a Christian and academic environment. Students are encouraged to develop their faith, talents, and social awareness in order to contribute to their life and the lives of others
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.