St Mary's Academy
- Saint Mary’s Academy is a Catholic School for girls, founded, sponsored and administered by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet.
- The administration, faculty and staff together with the students’ parents are committed to challenging each young woman constantly and consistently to attain her full potential.
- This effort is strongly characterized by respect for the individual, academic preparation for higher education and empowerment of the young Christian woman to take her place in an ever-changing world.
- As an expression of the educational mission of the Catholic Church and the extension of the family unit in today’s society, Saint Mary’s Academy is enriched by a tradition of quality education for over a century.
- From its founding and ongoing association with the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, Saint Mary’s Academy has acquired distinctive characteristics including a commitment to provide educational opportunities to young women with potential, a commitment to provide a supportive and caring Christian community which both nurtures and challenges these young women, and a conviction that education finds its character and expression in service to others.
- A Saint Mary’s Academy education promotes the formation and integral development of young Christian women from various ethnic backgrounds and cultures.
- This education provides opportunities for the development of contemporary leadership while preserving the spirit and traditions that have made Saint Mary’s Academy unique.
St Mary's Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||256 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Evangelina Savala|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Canada Flintridge Grades: 9-12 | 402 students
440 St. Katherine Dr.
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
(626)685-8333 17.3 9-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 6-12 | 742 students
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323)461-3651 9.7 6-12
- Santa Monica Grades: 9-12
1030 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
(310)394-3701 9.5 9-12
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.