St. Mary's Academy
- Saint Mary’s Academy is a Catholic School for girls, founded, sponsored and administered by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet.
- The administration, faculty and staff together with the students’ parents are committed to challenging each young woman constantly and consistently to attain her full potential.
- This effort is strongly characterized by respect for the individual, academic preparation for higher education and empowerment of the young Christian woman to take her place in an ever-changing world.
- As an expression of the educational mission of the Catholic Church and the extension of the family unit in today’s society, Saint Mary’s Academy is enriched by a tradition of quality education for over a century.
- From its founding and ongoing association with the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, Saint Mary’s Academy has acquired distinctive characteristics including a commitment to provide educational opportunities to young women with potential, a commitment to provide a supportive and caring Christian community which both nurtures and challenges these young women, and a conviction that education finds its character and expression in service to others.
- A Saint Mary’s Academy education promotes the formation and integral development of young Christian women from various ethnic backgrounds and cultures.
- This education provides opportunities for the development of contemporary leadership while preserving the spirit and traditions that have made Saint Mary’s Academy unique.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||345 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Evangelina Savala|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
La Canada FlintridgeGrades: 9-12 | 396 students
440 St. Katherine Dr.
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
Santa MonicaGrades: 9-12
1030 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
Los AngelesGrades: 6-12 | 742 students
5515 Franklin Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90028
GardenaGrades: 9-12 | 600 students
14830 Van Ness Avenue
Gardena, CA 90249
Los AngelesGrades: 6-12 | 359 students
11725 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017