St. Mary's Academy
- Saint Mary’s Academy is a Catholic School for girls, founded, sponsored and administered by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet.
- The administration, faculty and staff together with the students’ parents are committed to challenging each young woman constantly and consistently to attain her full potential.
- This effort is strongly characterized by respect for the individual, academic preparation for higher education and empowerment of the young Christian woman to take her place in an ever-changing world.
- As an expression of the educational mission of the Catholic Church and the extension of the family unit in today’s society, Saint Mary’s Academy is enriched by a tradition of quality education for over a century.
- From its founding and ongoing association with the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, Saint Mary’s Academy has acquired distinctive characteristics including a commitment to provide educational opportunities to young women with potential, a commitment to provide a supportive and caring Christian community which both nurtures and challenges these young women, and a conviction that education finds its character and expression in service to others.
- A Saint Mary’s Academy education promotes the formation and integral development of young Christian women from various ethnic backgrounds and cultures.
- This education provides opportunities for the development of contemporary leadership while preserving the spirit and traditions that have made Saint Mary’s Academy unique.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||345 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Evangelina Savala|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los AngelesGrades: 6-12 | 742 students
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90028
- GardenaGrades: 9-12 | 600 students
14830 Van Ness Avenue
Gardena, CA 90249
- La Canada FlintridgeGrades: 9-12 | 398 students
440 St. Katherine Dr.
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
- Santa MonicaGrades: 9-12
1030 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
- Long BeachGrades: 9-12 | 585 students
620 Olive Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90802
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.