- Saint Mary’s Academy is a Catholic School for girls, founded, sponsored and administered by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet.
- The administration, faculty and staff together with the students’ parents are committed to challenging each young woman constantly and consistently to attain her full potential.
- This effort is strongly characterized by respect for the individual, academic preparation for higher education and empowerment of the young Christian woman to take her place in an ever-changing world.
- As an expression of the educational mission of the Catholic Church and the extension of the family unit in today’s society, Saint Mary’s Academy is enriched by a tradition of quality education for over a century.
- From its founding and ongoing association with the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, Saint Mary’s Academy has acquired distinctive characteristics including a commitment to provide educational opportunities to young women with potential, a commitment to provide a supportive and caring Christian community which both nurtures and challenges these young women, and a conviction that education finds its character and expression in service to others.
- A Saint Mary’s Academy education promotes the formation and integral development of young Christian women from various ethnic backgrounds and cultures.
- This education provides opportunities for the development of contemporary leadership while preserving the spirit and traditions that have made Saint Mary’s Academy unique.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||345 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Evangelina Savala|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: 6-12 | 742 students
5515 Franklin Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90028
GardenaGrades: 9-12 | 600 students
14830 Van Ness Avenue
Gardena, CA 90249
La Canada FlintridgeGrades: 9-12 | 396 students
440 St. Katherine Dr.
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
Santa MonicaGrades: 9-12
1030 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
Los AngelesGrades: 7-12 | 535 students
250 S Rossmore Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90004
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.