St Mel School
- St. Mel Elementary School embodies the teachings, values and beliefs of the Catholic Church.
- We serve our mission by providing a compassionate, nurturing atmosphere in which students develop a solid moral character, realize their fullest potential and share their gifts with others.
- All that we do is rooted in love, the teachings of Jesus Christ, prayer and Eucharistic celebrations.
- St. Mel Elementary School recognizes that parents have the primary responsibility to educate their children.
- In partnership with them and the larger St. Mel community, the faculty and staff endeavor to develop all student's spiritual, academic, social, emotional, physical, and potential.
- Students emerge from St. Mel Elementary School well prepared for their next step as active Catholics and contributing members of their community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||586 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Northridge Grades: PK-12 | 134 students
17601 Lassen St
Northridge, CA 91325
(818)349-1373 7.1 PK-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.