St Patrick School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Saint Patrick School, a Roman Catholic school, has been educating the students of Roxbury, MA since 1867.
- Saint Patrick School is committed to serving generations of students and families, providing Catholic doctrine, Christian values and a strong academic curriculum in a nurturing and peaceful environment.
- St. Patrick School continues to teach the values of truth, morality and spirituality to a richly diverse population.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,600|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid and scholarships are available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Track and FieldBasketball, Football,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Book Club, Brownies and Daisies, Girl Scouts, Knitting Club, Piano Lessons|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chestnut HillGrades: NS-6 | 327 students
20 Manet Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- South BostonGrades: PK-6 | 295 students
866 E Broadway
South Boston, MA 02127
- DorchesterGrades: 4-8 | 71 students
515 Blue Hill Ave
Dorchester, MA 02121
- MattapanGrades: PK-8 | 147 students
800 Morton St
Mattapan, MA 02126
- Dorchester CenterGrades: K-9 | 255 students
2214 Dorchester Ave
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Graduated in 1961. Could not have gotten a better education. Sisters of Charity of Halifax were dedicated to giving us the best! Still getting together for mini reunions with a lot of the girls I went to scool with! We all have great memories of Saint Pat's. Our Thanks for a great education and long lasting Christian values.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Barbara (Buresh)
I attended St. Pat's Grammer/High School. 1966-1973. I came from South Boston by bus into Roxbury during the most intense error of prejudice between black and white. Once you walked into the school yard prejudice didn't exist. St. Pat's showed me how to live in all worlds, believe in myself, be the best I could be. Sister Dorotheus was my best cheerleader, I will never forget her. Sister Anna James made me do "Summer School" for Latin, LOL from Chicago via "snail mail". Sister Dennis Marie made me grovel to come back for High School (I was never going to an all girl High School). I caught the "snicker" after I thanked her with all my heart. LOL Sister Anne Donavan (although we didn't get along) was one of the best teachers I ever had. Thank You.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - faye_
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.