St. Patrick School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (617) 427-3881
Saint Patrick School, a Roman Catholic school, has been educating the students of Roxbury, MA since 1867.
Saint Patrick School is committed to serving generations of students and families, providing Catholic doctrine, Christian values and a strong academic curriculum in a nurturing and peaceful environment.
St. Patrick School continues to teach the values of truth, morality and spirituality to a richly diverse population.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy Blue pants, Light Blue Button down shirt, navy tie, black shoes. Girls: Hunter plaid jumper, yellow peter pan collar shirt, red girl's tie, navy blue tights, black shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid and scholarships are available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Rivas|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Hand Bells, Piano Lessons, School Choir
- Serving Pre-K (ages 2.9) to 6th Grade
- Catholic Urban Partnership - Automatic enrollment into Cathedral High School Grades 7-12. to ensure a seamless educational path in Catholic School from preschool all the way through to college
- We have a FREE before school program that starts at 6:45 am
- The school day runs from 7:30 am - 2:40 pm
- We have FREE breakfast & lunch for all students
- We ACCEPT childcare vouchers
- Enriching curriculum for all grades
- 1:1 student: technology ratio
- Challenging curriculum for all grades
- We have a low-cost after-school program
- Our Mission StatementSt. Patrick T.E.A.M.S UP towards student successTruth
- Saint Patrick School is committed to serving generations of students and families, providing Catholic Doctrine, Christian values and a strong academic curriculum in a nurturing and peaceful environment. St. Patrick School continues to teach the values of truth, morality, and spirituality to a richly diverse population within the heart of the inner city of Boston.
- What is the CUP?
- St. Patrick School and Our Lady of Perpetual Help Mission Grammar School are proud to collaborate with Cathedral 7-12 High School in Roxbury together on a Catholic, urban education partnership to create a prekindergarten through college education model in Boston. The partnership, rooted in gospel values, will better prepare Boston`s students for college and leadership for life.Together, the schools are aligning curriculum and instructional practices while increasing academic, social, and emotional supports for students. The partnership started in the 2014-2015 academic year when Mission Grammar concentrated on an enhanced pre-K through 6th grade education while Cathedral continues to build an academically rigorous 7th through 12th grade college preparatory program. Partnered with Cathedral`s guidance support for students all the way through college graduation, the Catholic Urban Partnership creates a seamless pathway from pre-K through college diploma for Boston youth. In 2018, St. Patrick School joined the partnership to create the same opportunities for the students of St. Patrick School. The partnership generates positive changes for both schools which have been offering Catholic urban education for a combined 215+ years. Both schools are increasing professional development and training for faulty while simultaneously reducing overall class size for a more student-centered learning environment. Through the generosity outside collaborators, the partnership creates a new position for a family and community engagement director. Students from St. Patrick School and Our Lady of Perpetual Help Mission Grammar School who successfully graduate the 6th grade earn guaranteed acceptance to Cathedral 7-12 High School`s 7th grade.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chestnut Hill Grades: NS-6 | 327 students
20 Manet Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
(617) 527-7540 5.2 NS-6
- Boston Grades: PK-8 | 279 students
9 Moon St
Boston, MA 02113
(617) 227-3143 2.9 PK-8
I graduated in 1967 and I was privileged to have the Nuns I had. Sister Catherine Francis, my freshman and junior years I had Sister Catherine Francis, who grew up in a large household and new when you were trying to feed her bull.She was awesome!Mother superior was Sister Dennis Marie, tough, but awesome.They were both ahead of their time!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Angela Lyman
Graduated in 1961. Could not have gotten a better education. Sisters of Charity of Halifax were dedicated to giving us the best! Still getting together for mini reunions with a lot of the girls I went to scool with! We all have great memories of Saint Pat's. Our Thanks for a great education and long lasting Christian values.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Barbara (Buresh)
I attended St. Pat's Grammer/High School. 1966-1973. I came from South Boston by bus into Roxbury during the most intense error of prejudice between black and white. Once you walked into the school yard prejudice didn't exist. St. Pat's showed me how to live in all worlds, believe in myself, be the best I could be. Sister Dorotheus was my best cheerleader, I will never forget her. Sister Anna James made me do "Summer School" for Latin, LOL from Chicago via "snail mail". Sister Dennis Marie made me grovel to come back for High School (I was never going to an all girl High School). I caught the "snicker" after I thanked her with all my heart. LOL Sister Anne Donavan (although we didn't get along) was one of the best teachers I ever had. Thank You.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - faye_
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.