St. Patrick School
St. Patrick School is a K-8 elementary school in Larkspur, CA. We are a community that inspires smart minds and kind hearts, where we challenge students to become Skilled Learners, Thoughtful Individuals, Active Christians, and Responsible Citizens.
Our curriculum is designed to nurture promising minds, and our compassionate staff are devoted to academic excellence, Catholic traditions, and instilling a lifelong love of learning. Visit our website at www.stpatricksmarin.org.
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 247 students
- Average class size: 28 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- St. Patrick School 8th grader pivots during these unprecedented times - 07/17/20208th grader, Caroline McAuliffe, hosts virtual "camp" for incoming kindergartners!
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- St. Patrick School is a K-8 elementary school in Larkspur, CA. We are a community that inspires smart minds and kind hearts, where we challenge students to become Skilled Learners, Thoughtful Individuals, Active Christians, and Responsible Citizens. Our curriculum is designed to nurture promising minds, and our compassionate staff are devoted to academic excellence, Catholic traditions, and instilling a lifelong love of learning.
Profile last updated:
We could not be happier with our decision to send our kids to St. Pats. Our daughter is on her 3rd year at the school and is thriving during one of the hardest years of adjustment for many during pandemic. I was so impressed at the school's pivot to distance learning when the pandemic occurred and continuous effort to increase safety to reopen, and provide options for many of us working parents to ensure our kids receive the best education safely. If requiring virtual learning, it's the best around. If wanting to have kids in person, they are well taken care of and I have zero worries each day as I've watched the school maneuver this crisis. It's years like this that you especially appreciate what you have. We couldn't feel more secure in our decision to send our kids to St. Pats. I'm in awe by the principal, Ms. Hadsell's responsiveness and transparency with all parents. The hands on education is also unmatched. We toured many schools in Marin before making our decision and feel assured we made the absolute best choice for our children.
2020 was an extremely tough year for so many, but I can say with confidence that St. Patrick School has been the saving grace for our children as well as our family as a whole throughout this year. The amount of effort, detail, and love put into getting our kids back in school and keeping every child safe is extraordinary. This pandemic has overwhelmingly reinforced our decision to choose St. Pat's for our children's educational and overall well-being. We are so grateful to be a part of this wonderful community.
Endorse St. Patrick School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.