St Peter's Lutheran School
Tel: (812) 372-5266
- The purpose of our school is to equip children to be responsible, productive adults in the 21st Century, who above all else, love Jesus.
- St. Peter’s Lutheran School is a nurturing environment where students learn among people who share your values and faith.
- St. Peter’s Lutheran School is a center of quality holistic learning, emphasizing the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Teachers have a special calling to provide moral, ethical, spiritual, and academic guidance to students.
- Small class sizes enable a high degree of one-on-one learning and deeper relationships between students and teachers.
|Religious Affiliation||African Methodist Episcopal|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||486 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Appropriate clothing is required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,793|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid and State Vouchers are availalbe|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
As an integral part of our teaching church, St. Peter’s Lutheran School offers children a wonderful opportunity to grow spiritually and academically… all in a nurturing and caring environment.
- Offering a quality CHRISTIAN EDUCATION program for 149 years
- GRADES K-8
- 400 STUDENTS (average class size of 21 students)
- A fully ACCREDITED nonpublic school (National Lutheran School Accreditation, AdvancED, & Indiana Department of Education Accreditation)
- “Highly Qualified” State-Certified TEACHERS
- Comprehensive and challenging ACADEMIC programs
- SERVICEOpportunities for ALL Students
- HONOR’S PROGRAM for Grades 7-8
- STUDENT GROWTH PLANS for ALL Students
- RESOURCE program available (4 part time teachers… inclusion and pull-out)
- COMPUTER technology instruction for all students (Digital Projectors, High Speed Internet, MOBI’s, and Classroom Response Systems Available)
- MUSIC, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, and ART programs for all grade levels
- PRAISE BAND and CHOIR available for students in grades 6-8
- Daily SCHOOL LUNCH
- SPORTS programs (8th Grade Girls and Boys Basketball each have earned 2nd and 4th Place Finishes at the National Tournament over the Past Five Years.)
- ACADEMIC TEAMS (Spell Bowl, Math Bowl, Geography Bee, Lego Robotics)
- TRANSPORTATION available through BCSC
- Intentionally Teaching about JESUS every day
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Grades: K-12 | 21 students
6060 N Us Highway 31
Columbus, IN 47201
(812) 376-0210 4.3 K-12
- Columbus Grades: PK-12 | 221 students
3170 Indiana Ave
Columbus, IN 47201
(812) 372-3780 1.7 PK-12
- Franklin Grades: PK-8 | 165 students
114 Lancelot Dr
Franklin, IN 46131
(317) 738-3451 21.2 PK-8
- Greenwood Grades: PK-8 | 356 students
399 S Meridian St
Greenwood, IN 46143
(317) 881-1300 29.6 PK-8
- Indianapolis Grades: NS-12 | 288 students
722 E County Line Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46227
(317) 888-3366 32.2 NS-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?