St. Pius X Classical Academy
St. Pius X Classical Academy is a Catholic parochial academy serving grades PreK3 - 8 that is fully approved by the State of Tennessee and fully accredited by the office of the Diocesan Catholic Schools of Nashville and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The mission of the academy is to manifest God's love in the world through a commitment to the spiritual, moral, emotional, and intellectual formation of its students through our use of a Catholic classical curriculum. Students are taught "To renew all things in Christ by living, loving, and learning in the Lord.".
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 72 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Title 1 Services
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 20%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
List of Courses Offered
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- The primary goal of St. Pius X Classical Academy is to provide a Christ-centered atmosphere in which students may grow in truth and love. The academy's philosophy stems from basic Catholic teaching as it is applied to the process of education. Its program is directed toward the spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical growth of each student taught through the paradigm of Catholic classical education. In using the classical model of education, the academy recognizes three stages of learning: the Grammar Stage (K-4th grade), the Logic Stage (5th - 8th grade), and the subsequent Rhetoric Stage (9th grade and beyond), wherein students are taught using the methods most suited to their cognitive faculties at any given stage.
- The classical curriculum of the academy is also cross-curricular, using a four-year history cycle as a guide to content in a variety of classes from literature and history to art and music. Likewise, the academy's program contains both formal Latin and Logic classes, as well as a formal study of the Arts, both in terms of appreciation and expression. In offering classes that span the breadth of the human experience, St. Pius X Classical Academy strives to impart a Christian education that will enable students to take their places as well-rounded Christian citizens and will prepare them to live and spread the Gospel.
- Furthermore, St. Pius X Classical Academy, along with the Catholic Church, recognizes the parents as the primary educators of their children. Therefore, the collaborative relationship between school and home life is nurtured and fostered. Our diverse community of learners is also a family in itself, with a social structure of service and love toward one another and the greater Nashville community. As an academy family, we walk with Jesus Christ in accordance with the teachings and traditions of the Roman Catholic Church.
Endorse St. Pius X Classical Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.