St Pius X Classical Academy
- St. Pius X Classical Academy is a Catholic parochial academy serving grades PreK3 - 8 that is fully approved by the State of Tennessee and fully accredited by the office of the Diocesan Catholic Schools of Nashville and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The mission of the academy is to manifest God's love in the world through a commitment to the spiritual, moral, emotional, and intellectual formation of its students through our use of a Catholic classical curriculum. Students are taught "To renew all things in Christ by living, loving, and learning in the Lord.".
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Title 1 Services|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
- The primary goal of St. Pius X Classical Academy is to provide a Christ-centered atmosphere in which students may grow in truth and love. The academy's philosophy stems from basic Catholic teaching as it is applied to the process of education. Its program is directed toward the spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical growth of each student taught through the paradigm of Catholic classical education. In using the classical model of education, the academy recognizes three stages of learning: the Grammar Stage (K-4th grade), the Logic Stage (5th - 8th grade), and the subsequent Rhetoric Stage (9th grade and beyond), wherein students are taught using the methods most suited to their cognitive faculties at any given stage.
- The classical curriculum of the academy is also cross-curricular, using a four-year history cycle as a guide to content in a variety of classes from literature and history to art and music. Likewise, the academy's program contains both formal Latin and Logic classes, as well as a formal study of the Arts, both in terms of appreciation and expression. In offering classes that span the breadth of the human experience, St. Pius X Classical Academy strives to impart a Christian education that will enable students to take their places as well-rounded Christian citizens and will prepare them to live and spread the Gospel.
- Furthermore, St. Pius X Classical Academy, along with the Catholic Church, recognizes the parents as the primary educators of their children. Therefore, the collaborative relationship between school and home life is nurtured and fostered. Our diverse community of learners is also a family in itself, with a social structure of service and love toward one another and the greater Nashville community. As an academy family, we walk with Jesus Christ in accordance with the teachings and traditions of the Roman Catholic Church.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- NashvilleGrades: PK-6 | 10 students
3620 Buena Vista Pike Ste F
Nashville, TN 37218
- NashvilleGrades: PK-4 | 150 students
858 W Trinity Ln
Nashville, TN 37207
- NashvilleGrades: K-8 | 95 students
814 Youngs Lane
Nashville, TN 37207
- NashvilleGrades: PK-K | 73 students
1234 Schrader Ln
Nashville, TN 37208
- NashvilleGrades: PK-8 | 140 students
1704 Heiman Street
Nashville, TN 37208
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.