St. Pius X School
- Celebrating 50 Years of Excellence Founded in 1960 in Cedar Mill outside of Portland Oregon, St. Pius X School is celebrating 50 years of academic excellence.
- As an accredited Catholic Parish School, we develop a personal and active faith in our students that impacts beliefs, values, and behaviors while strengthening their commitment to the community.
- Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle School St. Pius X School welcomes students of all faiths.
- We offer a comprehensive kindergarten through 8th grade academic foundation while meeting individual student needs.
- St. Pius X School believes that academic excellence is a shared responsibility of our students, families, and faculty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||340 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,675|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Football, Lacrosse, Track and Field, VolleyballFootball, Lacrosse,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Drama, Girl Scouts, Lego Robotics, Science|
- Guiding Principles Integrating Christian Values and Academic Excellence The guiding principles of St. Pius X School students, faculty, administrators, and families are Love, Knowledge, Respect, and Justice.' Students continue to grow throughout their lives' In Love by living the Christian faith, practicing compassion for the needs of others and communicating with God using a variety of prayer forms. Our students embrace their knowledge of Catholic history, teachings, faith, scriptures, sacraments, liturgy, and prayers. In Knowledge by seeking academic excellence and exhibiting curiosity and an enthusiastic desire to be life-long learners.' Our students demonstrate a committed engagement by ethically and effectively applying critical, creative, and problem-solving skills with clarity and purpose. In Respect by making loving choices in accordance with the teachings of Jesus, accepting responsibility for personal choices, and learning to understand and accept the differences of others. Our students express conviction and courage regarding their own beliefs while practicing healthy competitiveness in conjunction with good sportsmanship. In Justice by respecting the rights and dignity of others, and by sharing experiences of giving and receiving that reflects God's loving will. Our students use their unique gifts and talents to serve God and their community, demonstrating stewardship and responsibility.' ' Academic Excellence: A 50-year Foundation St. Pius X School provides a broad and relevant curriculum that is based on our mission and guiding principles. Our students are held to a high academic standard. Our teachers have over 100 years of education experience, 60% have their advanced degrees and five are former St. Pius X students. We use a variety of instructional techniques providing all students the opportunity to acquire and practice academic skills including problem solving, critical- and creative-thinking, active listening, and public speaking. In addition to meeting grade-appropriate Oregon academic standards in reading, writing, spelling, math, social sciences, and science, our St. Pius X School curriculum includes religion, health, physical education, foreign language, computer science, library, music, and art. Student learning is enriched with interactive academics in which our students simulate the Civil War, recreate Ancient Greece, and participate in mock Olympics and our heritage fair. Organized educational field trips are highly anticipated school traditions. Our middle schoolers enjoy a 15 to 1 student-to-teacher ratio in language arts and math classes. One-third of St. Pius X School graduates receive the President's Award for Academic Excellence with cumulative GPAs of 3.5 or higher. Our speech, LEGO robotics, math, and reading teams regularly place high in inter-scholastic competitions. Our students participate in many CYO athletic, academic, service, and artistic extracurricular endeavors. Annually, our student body completes 1,000+ hours of volunteer community service. Join the St. Pius X School Community St. Pius X School is a true community that spans multiple generations building connections across time. Over the last 50 years we have grown into a strong, diverse school reflecting our shared values and Catholic faith. As we look forward to the next 50 years, you'll find us committed to academic excellence and to developing a personal and active faith in our students that impacts their beliefs, values, behaviors, and commitment.' St. Pius X School welcomes all families to visit our school, talk to our faculty and families, and take a tour. Find out if'''' St. Pius X School is right for your family today. For more information or to schedule a tour please contact us at (503) 644-3244 ext 210 or email@example.com.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BeavertonGrades: K-12 | 490 students
5585 Sw 209th Ave
Beaverton, OR 97007
- BeavertonGrades: PK-12 | 291 students
16860 Sw Blanton St
Beaverton, OR 97007
- BeavertonGrades: PK-8 | 290 students
13755 Sw Walker Rd
Beaverton, OR 97005
- VancouverGrades: PK-12 | 98 students
4120 NE St Johns Road
Vancouver, WA 98661
- BeavertonGrades: NS-12
4275 SW 148th Ave
Beaverton, OR 97078
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.