St. Pius X School
Celebrating 60 Years of Excellence Founded in 1960 in Cedar Mill outside of Portland Oregon, St. Pius X School is celebrating 60 years of academic excellence.
As an accredited Catholic Parish School, we develop a personal and active faith in our students that impacts beliefs, values, and behaviors while strengthening their commitment to the community. St. Pius X School welcomes students of all faiths in Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, Elementary and Middle School.
We offer a comprehensive pre-kindergarten through 8th grade academic foundation while meeting individual student needs.
St. Pius X School believes that academic excellence is a shared responsibility of our students, families, and faculty.
- Top Ranked OR School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 509 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,600
- Average class size: 30 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Drama, Girl Scouts, Lego Robotics, Science
- Guiding Principles, Integrating Christian Values and Academic Excellence.The guiding principles of St. Pius X School students, faculty, administrators, and families are Love, Knowledge, Respect, and Justice.' Students continue to grow throughout their lives'In Love by living the Christian faith, practicing compassion for the needs of others and communicating with God using a variety of prayer forms. Our students embrace their knowledge of Catholic history, teachings, faith, scriptures, sacraments, liturgy, and prayers.In Knowledge by seeking academic excellence and exhibiting curiosity and an enthusiastic desire to be life-long learners.' Our students demonstrate a committed engagement by ethically and effectively applying critical, creative, and problem-solving skills with clarity and purpose.In Respect by making loving choices in accordance with the teachings of Jesus, accepting responsibility for personal choices, and learning to understand and accept the differences of others. Our students express conviction and courage regarding their own beliefs while practicing healthy competitiveness in conjunction with good sportsmanship.In Justice by respecting the rights and dignity of others, and by sharing experiences of giving and receiving that reflects God's loving will. Our students use their unique gifts and talents to serve God and their community, demonstrating stewardship and responsibility.''Academic Excellence: A 60-year Foundation, St. Pius X School provides a broad and relevant curriculum that is based on our mission and guiding principles. Our students are held to a high academic standard. Our teachers have over 100 years of education experience, 60% have their advanced degrees and five are former St. Pius X students. We use a variety of instructional techniques providing all students the opportunity to acquire and practice academic skills including problem solving, critical- and creative-thinking, active listening, and public speaking.In addition to meeting grade-appropriate Oregon academic standards in reading, writing, spelling, math, social sciences, and science, our St. Pius X School curriculum includes religion, health, physical education, foreign language, computer science, library, music, and art. Student learning is enriched with interactive academics in which our students simulate the Civil War, recreate Ancient Greece, and participate in mock Olympics and our heritage fair. Organized educational field trips are highly anticipated school traditions.Our middle schoolers enjoy a 20 to 1 student-to-teacher ratio in language arts and math classes. Two-third of St. Pius X School graduates receive the President's Award for Academic Excellence with cumulative GPAs of 3.5 or higher. Our speech, math, and reading teams regularly place high in inter-scholastic competitions. Our students participate in many CYO athletic, academic, service, and artistic extracurricular endeavors. Annually, our student body completes 1,000+ hours of volunteer community service. St. Pius X School is a true community that spans multiple generations building connections across time. Over the last 60 years we have grown into a strong, diverse school reflecting our shared values and Catholic faith. As we look forward to the next 60 years, you'll find us committed to academic excellence and to developing a personal and active faith in our students that impacts their beliefs, values, behaviors, and commitment. St. Pius X School welcomes all families to visit our school, talk to our faculty and families, and take a tour. Find out if St. Pius X School is right for your family today. For more information or to schedule a tour please contact us at (503) 644-3244 ext 210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Verified school update
Endorse St. Pius X School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.