St Rita's School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Students of St. Rita's School are part of a multi-cultural inner city Christian community, where both Catholic and non-Catholic students are taught in the Catholic tradition.
- Each child is educated and developed as a whole person while being recognized for his or her uniqueness.
- Our students will also grow in their love of God and become enabled to share in God's unconditional, abiding love throughout their life-long journey of faith.
- The administration and staff, in partnership with parents who are primary educators of their children, are dedicated to inspiring in our students, as children of God, a greater respect for themselves and others, as well as fostering a sense of community responsibility.
- Students at St. Rita's are provided a Catholic environment where they grow spiritually, intellectually, socially, psychologically, and physically, and thereby lead a more fulfilling life.
- The students at St. Rita's School will advance in wisdom, maturity, and goodness, which will enable them to live in the world of today and prepare them for the world of tomorrow.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
St. Rita's Catholic school is a wonderful school. Their intelligent and caring staff and faculty genuinely care for all students and they guide them to be the best that they can be, by example. Many students who have graduated from St. Rita's gotaccepted to catholic high schools with partial or even full scholarships, based on their entry exams alone. They also offer extracurricular activities for kids, including sports, music, coding, etc.
- Posted by Parent - Sablan Family
My family and I have been part of the St. Rita`s school community for 9 years now. We originally enrolled our son at preschool, thinking that it would just be for a year or two and then move on to public school. Little did we know the impact the school and staff would have on him and our family. From the beginning, you can see and feel how much the staff truly cared for the students. The program the preschool offered and still offers is enriching, and fully engaged my hyper and easily bored toddler. By the time he was ready to move on to kindergarten, he was already on the verge of reading! We were so impressed with what they did for my son, that once he was ready for Kindergarten, he continued into St. Rita`s school and we also enrolled our daughter into their preschool. The one thing that I was truly touched by was how well all the kids, from all the grades interacted with each other. Both my son and daughter already had friends with the kids at the "Big school", even when they were still in preschool. The older kids looked out for the younger kids, like an older sibling would. Not once have my children complained about bullying at St. Rita`s. I attribute this a lot to the culture and teachings of the faculty. The teachers not only knew their students well, but they also took the time to get to know the students from other grades. Every teacher my children have had, has brought their own creativity and value into St. Rita`s school. If you are were thinking about Catholic education for your children, St. Rita`s school is the answer. This is a school that truly practices what they preach and teach the kids. It is a family-based community, where not only do the children make life long friends, but so do the parents. Sending our children to St. Rita`s has been one of the best investments we`ve made in our kids and one of our biggest blessings. Even if you may think or assume that you cannot afford to send your kids to St. Rita`s, please talk to our Principal. She has been the biggest advocate and reason why our school has been able to offer financial assistance to those that need it. You will not find a harder working school leader than the one we have.
- Posted by Parent - Lorena S.
St. Rita's school has been one of the best investments, for our children, that we have ever made. Our two children get to experience a family-oriented, faith-based school, where they can feel totally safe. The staff and teachers at St. Rita's really go above and beyond my expectations.
- Posted by Parent - Ross Sablan
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.