St. Stephens Lutheran Academy
Tel: (724) 452-4453
St. Stephens Lutheran Academy Photo #3 - St. Stephen's Students Participate in Maple Sugaring STEM Project
- St. Stephen's Lutheran Academy is a licensed private academic K-12 school located on Glade Run's campus in Zelienople, Pennsylvania and in Utica, PA. St. Stephen's is the largest special education school in the region.
- Public schools collaborate with St. Stephen's to provide placement for students who require more individualized attention to succeed academically and behaviorally.
- These students have emotional and behavioral issues or autism and benefit from more intensive therapeutic programming.
- St. Stephen's staff and the home school district personnel from over 50 home school districts communicate regularly regarding the student's progress.
- Beyond the basics, St. Stephen's enriched curriculum promotes growth through such academic activities including outdoor education, sensory room, Sensory Playground, gross motor skills room, independent living skills apartment, transitional programming and an innovative on-campus animal, outdoor education, and an equine, animal and horticulture/agriculture program.
- St. Stephen's also offers computers, art, physical education and music programs.
- St. Stephen's offers Extended School Year (ESY) programming. St. Stephen's offers transitional programming and summer independent living experiences for young adults.
- St. Stephen's has an additional school campus located in Utica, PA.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, ADHD, ADD, Behavioral health|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||298 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||St. Stephen's contracts primarily through the students' home district; however private pay options are available. Different education programs (special education, enhanced, living skills, tertiary, ESY, and autism) have a variance in tuition rates.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kelly Wheeler|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Equestrian, Flag Football, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, WeightliftingBasketball, Equestrian,|
Flag Football, Intramural Sports Only,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- Educational offerings include regular, special, enhanced, living skills, tertiary, transitional, and autism education programs. A focus on individualization is achieved through the use of technology. Safety is attained through the use of the principles of Sanctuary and Posivite Schoolwide Behavioral Health Initiatives (PBIS).
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nicholasville Grades: 4-10 | 12 students
200 Oak Tree Ln
Nicholasville, KY 40356
(859) 509-6892 308.8 4-10
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.