St. Virgil Elementary School
Tel: (973) 539-7267
The mission of Saint Virgil Academy (SVA) is to inspire a passion for learning, a joy for living and a love for Jesus Christ. SVA is a learning community dedicated to the education and faith formation of each student in a nurturing environment. This sense of security allows individual students to learn and grow at their own pace, which maximizes student achievement and success.
The Saint Virgil faculty provides learning experiences where children can explore and discover the world in which they live.
These experiences encourage students to become lifelong learners because the children experience the excitement of education.
As students achieve academic success, they become more confident. This self-confidence will enhance their continued learning experience as they grow in faith and knowledge.
St. Virgil Elementary School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Coalition of Girls
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,200|
|Tuition Notes||Discount applied for multiple children. Preschool rates differ based on schedule (e.g., days/week, full/half day program).|
|Admissions Director||Nora Fischer|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Serving, Art, Cub and Girl Scouting, Forensics
Arts and Music Programs:
Instrumental Music, Spring Musical
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheerleading, Fencing, Golf, Tennis
- Quantitative results can be seen in our impressive standardized test scores and in our students’ report cards. Qualitative results shine through in the form of motivated, productive, confident students. Here’s what is moving SVA ahead of the pack:
- RIGOROUS ACADEMICS – FIRST AND FOREMOST Every school has to meet certain curriculum standards. SVA meets those standards and then reaches beyond.
- One of the Best Student-Teacher Ratios in Area
- Curriculum aligned with the Common Core State Standards
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Education Subject-Specific Enrichment and Support for All Students
- Instruction in Art, Music, Spanish, Latin, Computers, Physical Education
- FAITH FORMATION – INTRICATELY WOVEN We are a Catholic school. SVA embraces its faith and uses it to help shape tomorrow’s leaders.
- Daily 7:50 AM Morning Prayer & Scripture
- Weekly and Holy Day Mass Attendance
- Catholic Social Teaching and Service
- Christmas Pageant, May Crowning and Other Special Liturgies
- CREATIVE LEARNING – NUMEROUS APPROACHES Children learn in different ways. SVA celebrates this diversity by employing various teaching methods.
- Montessori Approach for Early Childhood Center (Learn through Discovery & Inventive Play)
- Hands-On Learning Experiences through Special Events, Engineering Design Projects, Collaborative Book Studies, Robotics, and More
- Exploration Laboratory: A Classroom Devoted to Investigation, Discovery and Creativity
- Technology Platform that Rivals all Local Public, Private and Parochial Schools
- STEM Initiative in Partnership with Stevens Institute of Technology and Picatinny Arsenal
- CONFIDENCE BUILDING – BEYOND THE CLASSROOM Being encouraged to explore new things builds character. SVA provides a safe “testing ground” & offers many activities.
- Competitive Sporting Program, 3rd Grade & Up
- Cheerleading, Beginning as Early as Pre-School
- Emphasis on Oral Presentations & Written Works
- Clubs Like Forensics, Fencing, Scouting, Newspaper, Altar Serving and Band
- Performing Arts, with a Full-Production Musical
- “Junior Vikings” Program for Our Younger Athletes
- WELCOMING ENVIRONMENT – A FAMILY ATMOSPHERE All those who desire a quality, Catholic education shall be provided one. SVA’s tuition rates are highly competitive and financial assistance is available (no sending parish fee shall be imposed)—every family is welcome.
- Extensive Opportunities for Parental Involvement and School Family Socialization
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denville Grades: PK-8 | 190 students
Denville, NJ 07834
(973) 627-2606 4.4 PK-8
- New Providence Grades: PK-8 | 192 students
99 South Street
New Providence, NJ 07974
(908) 464-8657 9.1 PK-8
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.