Stellar Academy for Dyslexics
Stellar Academy is a private nonprofit elementary school grades 2-8.
The alternative instruction provided at Stellar meets the needs of children who suffer with symptoms of dyslexia. This specialized instruction is the Slingerland approach, which is a multi-sensory approach to language arts that was created for a classroom setting.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 2-8
- Students: 17 students
- Yearly Tuition: $24,400
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
- Stellar Academy is a private nonprofit elementary school grades 2-8. The alternative instruction provided at Stellar meets the needs of children who suffer with symptoms of dyslexia. This specialized instruction is the Slingerland approach. Our students have difficulty with acquiring language skills -- oral language, spelling, written language, or reading. They are of average to above-average intelligence. Students with dyslexia can be creative, imaginative, and talented. They are fortunate to be born in a time when educators are becoming more aware of how to meet their needs. The mission of Stellar Academy, located in Alameda County, is to assist children with dyslexia overcome academic challenges through the Slingerland approach. A sequential, simultaneous multi-sensory approach to language arts instruction, Slingerland, enables students to increase their self-esteem through academic success. The essence of the Slingerland approach guides instruction throughout all other content areas.
Profile last updated: 07/20/2021
Endorse Stellar Academy for Dyslexics. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?