Stellar Academy for Dyslexics
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 2-8
- Enrollment: 25 students
- Yearly Tuition: $26,300
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Stellar Academy is a private nonprofit elementary school grades 2-8. The alternative instruction provided at Stellar meets the needs of children who suffer with symptoms of dyslexia. This specialized instruction is the Slingerland approach. Our students have difficulty with acquiring language skills -- oral language, spelling, written language, or reading. They are of average to above-average intelligence. Students with dyslexia can be creative, imaginative, and talented. They are fortunate to be born in a time when educators are becoming more aware of how to meet their needs. The mission of Stellar Academy, located in Alameda County, is to assist children with dyslexia overcome academic challenges through the Slingerland approach. A sequential, simultaneous multi-sensory approach to language arts instruction, Slingerland, enables students to increase their self-esteem through academic success. The essence of the Slingerland approach guides instruction throughout all other content areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Stellar Academy for Dyslexics cost?
Stellar Academy for Dyslexics's tuition is approximately $26,300 for private students.
When is the application deadline for Stellar Academy for Dyslexics?
The application deadline for Stellar Academy for Dyslexics is Dec. 1.
Endorse Stellar Academy for Dyslexics. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards