Strickland Christian School
- Strickland Christian School has specialized in quality, affordable Christian education since 1961.
- We serve grades K4 to 8th with tuition prices 20 to 50% less than most other private schools in the area.
- We believe each child is a gift from God, and our curriculum is intended to develop both mind and spirit.
- Advanced phonics and mathematics are featured. All our four-year-olds learn to read! Kindergarteners read books and write in cursive, first graders read from the King James Bible, and second graders do long multiplication and long division.
- The school offers Bible studies appropriate for each grade level.
- There is a concentration on Christian character, Scripture memorization, and understanding basic Bible truths.
- Third and fourth graders are taught Bible using the principle approach to education.
- Fifth through eighth graders use the Studying God’s Word series from Christian Liberty Press and also study an indepth overview of the Old and New Testaments.
- Most students complete high school Algebra and many complete high school Geometry before graduation.
- All students complete at least one in-depth high school research paper before graduation.
- Strickland graduates are well-recieved by area high schools because of their godly character and advanced academic and study skills.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Mathematics, English Grammar, Literature|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|Tuition Notes||Half day prekindergarten, half day kindergarten, and first through third grade tuition rates are slightly less. Fourth through eighth grades are slightly more.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
|Admissions Director||Lori Petty|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- Low tuition rates!
- Advanced phonics and mathematics.
- All our 4-year-olds learn to read!
- Kindergartners take dictation in beautiful cursive writing.
- First graders read from the King James Bible.
- Training in Christian character.
- Scripture memorization.
- Junior high school students complete high school level grammar, composition and mathematics courses.
January 22, 2018
January 19, 2018
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.