Sugar Creek Christian Academy
Tel: (740) 533-2215
- The educational philosophy of Sugar Creek Christian Academy is based on two of God's commands.
- The first command is given to parents to train their children in fear and admonition of the Lord.
- The second is the commission given to the church to teach all things whatsoever 1 have commanded you.
- At parents' request, Sugar Creek Christian Academy, under the authority of the church, becomes a partner with the parents in educating their child.
- SCCA is an extension of Sugar Creek Missionary Baptist Church's educational program and therefore ultimately seeks to lead individuals into a personal relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ.
- SCCA maintains the highest academic standards within the God-given potential of the individual.
- SCCA guides students to comprehension and mastery of fundamental processes used in life and its relationships, such as reading, writing, speaking. listening, and mathematics.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-11|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hitchins Grades: PK-12 | 115 students
3547 Hwy 773
Hitchins, KY 41146
(606) 475-1919 21.8 PK-12
- South Portsmouth Grades: K-12 | 64 students
73 Old Schoolhouse Road
South Portsmouth, KY 41174
(606) 932-3007 24.6 K-12
- Culloden Grades: PK-12 | 61 students
1948 Martin Lane
Culloden, WV 25510
(304) 743-3751 31.6 PK-12
- Huntington Grades: K-12 | 173 students
2400 Johnstown Rd
Huntington, WV 25701
(304) 781-6741 14.5 K-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.