5.00 (2 reviews)
Sumner Academy Photo #2 - Students enjoy various educational Field Studies throughout the years at Sumner Academy. In Middle School, students have the opportunity to travel to Washington, D.C.; San Antonio, TX; and YMCA Blueridge Assembly in Black Mountain, NC.
Sumner Academy Photo #3 - Students learn executive skills like self control and mental flexibility through collaboration with others.
Sumner Academy Photo #4 - Our Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten offer myriad hands-on experiences, small groups, and dramatic play, with high academic expectations.
- Our mission is to discover and cultivate each child's unique abilities.
- Our Beliefs: We believe in nurturing a love of learning and encouraging the pursuit of excellence in all areas.
- We believe in teaching with patience, compassion, and understanding in an academically-challenging and culturally-stimulating environment.
- We believe in valuing the differences each student brings to our classroom.
- We believe in collarborating with parents and the greater community to enhance our educational program.
- We believe in creating and promoting an emotionally and physically safe environment.
- We believe in fostering social and personal responsibility. We are committed to implementing these beliefs with vision, passion and dedication.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,934|
|Tuition Notes||PK tuition full day - $7,280 1/2 day - $5,200 Combo - $6,240 K tuition Full day - $8,840 Combo - $7,800 1st - 8th - $11,934.00|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lindsey Stewart|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Birding, Book, Enviromental, Hockey, Minecraft, Pinterest, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Drama Club, Spanish, String, Technology
- Sumner Academy - Vision - Passion - Dedication
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Franklin Grades: PK-12 | 82 students
810 Del Rio Pike
Franklin, TN 37069
(615)790-8556 37.7 PK-12
- Franklin Grades: 5-12 | 198 students
818 Old Charlotte Pike East
Franklin, TN 37064
(615)599-9229 38.8 5-12
- Franklin Grades: PK-12 | 702 students
3279 Southall Rd
Franklin, TN 37064
(615)591-3017 42.2 PK-12
- Goodlettsville Grades: PK-12 | 165 students
322 East Cedar St
Goodlettsville, TN 37072
(615)859-1184 13.6 PK-12
This is our second year at Sumner Academy, and my daughter loves it here! She attended public school for elementary and started SA in the 6th grade. She has really blossomed! She is challenged academically, participates in three sports, and has made some wonderful friends. The teachers and staff are all wonderful. We could not be happier with the quality of education that she is receiving at Sumner Academy!
- Posted by Parent - Melissa Robinson
Sumner Academy is a challenging, independent school. Its Sumner County location draws students from Sumner, Wilson, Trousdale, and Davidson counties. We use a blended approach, borrowing the best aspects of many educational models. Beginning in First Grade, teachers specialize in specific subjects. Students benefit from the expertise of more than one teacher and get to move between classrooms several times a day. Our small class sizes and policy of teaching to the top of the class allow for an accelerated pace of learning. Teachers also care deeply about the social and emotional well being of each child and offer guidance to excellence in character. Excellence in academics, character, and athletics are the standard at our school. Come tour with us to see the school for yourself and to determine if Sumner Academy is a fit for your child.
- Posted by Administrator - Lindsey Stewart
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.