Sunrise Academy is an innovative, independent, non-sectarian school. We cater to the unique needs of our learners so that they can flourish, instead of being left behind.
Compassion is at the core of our education and we want to nurture each and every students' talent and passion and ensure that our students take action for the common good.
- Top Ranked FL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 357 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,800
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- Sunrise Academy featured in Orlando Sentinel - 10/10/2020Sunrise Academy was recognized by the Orlando Sentinel for its commitment to inclusivity. Sunrise Academy was honored to be recognized by the Orlando Sentinel in a piece that highlighted the many schools that discriminate against LGBTQ+ students in Florida. Sunrise Academy is committed to equal opportunity for all.
- Principal Connolly to lead Upper School; Principal Franklin to head Lower School - 09/20/2020Sunrise Academy is excited to announce that as a result of strong growth, we are splitting our K-12 division into two schools to better serve our students.
The Lower School will be led by Principal Shellnisha Franklin who is assisted by academic Dean, Halley Whitten-Connolly ("Mrs. Whitten"). The Upper School will be led by Principal Levi Whitten-Connolly ("Mr. Connolly") who is assisted by academic Dean, Stephanie Conway.
- Dance Team Receives Mayor's Award - 01/15/2020Sunrise Academy's Dance Team, Knight's in Training, received a trophy from the Mayor of Orange City, Mr. Gary Blair, and the City Council for "Best Walking Group" at the 2019 Christmas Parade.
- Sunrise Academy to become a Peace Mala Accredited School - 07/01/2019Peace Mala is multi award winning educational project for peace and global citizenship that Ms. Pam Evans MBE began in Great Britain in 2001, in response to 9/11. The project is endorsed by many community leaders, including His Holiness Pope Francis, and the Dalai Lama.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 45%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Burgundy shirt and khaki pants
Burgundy shirt and khaki pants
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Sunrise Academy participates in the McKay (UA), Florida Empowerment (FES), Hope Scholarship, AAA Scholarship, and Florida Tax Credit Scholarship programs.
- Sunrise Academy is an innovative, independent, non-sectarian school. We cater to the unique needs of our learners so that they can flourish, instead of being left behind. Compassion is at the core of our education and we want to nurture each and every students' talent and passion and ensure that our students take action for the common good. We are confident that your child will have a good, meaningful education here at Sunrise Academy-an education that will enable your child to positively impact and shape the wider world.
Source: Verified school update
Wonderful school with compassionate and dedicate educators!
Endorse Sunrise Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.