Sweetwater Episcopal Academy
- Sweetwater Episcopal Academy has been growing compassionate leaders with inquisitive minds for 33 years.
- Situated in Longwood, Fl we are a co-educational day school enrolling students in grades K4-8. Committed to character development, community outreach, and promoting confidence we deliver an outstanding academic curriculum, motivating enrichment programs and small class sizes.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Donna Eiger|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, LEGO Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Vocal Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Karate, Swimming Club
The Sweetwater Episcopal Academy family delivers academic and enrichment excellencein a loving environment guided by Christian values.
What We Believe and Promote
- We strive to make Sweetwater Episcopal Academy the "Kind Zone", learning and loving environment where in addition to academics, we teach respect, responsibility and empathy.Sweetwater Episcopal Academy is a Christian school that teaches respect and acceptance of the religious and cultural diversity in our community.
- We believe by building a lifelong love of learning our students are the leaders of tomorrow.
- We instill a sense of purpose in our students, showing that through creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and support from passionate faculty and staff all things are possible. We believe that an effective and excellent education for youth is the best investment in the future.
The best way to find out if our school is the right one for you is to come and see SEA in action. Schedule your personal tour by calling our Enrollment Office at 407-862-1882.
Tours are scheduled on class days so that our visitors may actively observe our students and teachers and experience life on the SEA campus.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Altamonte Springs Grades: PK-12 | 252 students
601 Palm Springs Drive
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
(407)831-0950 2.7 PK-12
- Oviedo Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
1625 Montessori Pt
Oviedo, FL 32765
(407)678-3879 9.6 PK-8
- Altamonte Springs Grades: PK-12 | 337 students
1935 S. Orange Blossom Trail
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
(407)788-0018 4.3 PK-12
If you are considering the best schools in the area, SEA should be on you list of places to tour. The campus, teachers, curriculum, and student body are fabulous. Ask about "The Kind Zone".
- Posted by Parent - Brian
Sweetwater has been home for our family for more than 8 years. Not only have our children formed life long friendships, but also we have found an extended family in this sweet, small community. The teachers are the heart of this school and their love for teaching shows up everyday. We have always experienced an "open door policy" with the teachers in the event we need to communicate or schedule a meeting. The curriculum is challenging, but at the same time fun for the children. The "hands on" teaching seems to reach into the minds of all types of learners. We love to attend chapel every week with the children, as it is a great way to stay connected. The extended opportunities for learning and fellowship also make Sweetwater unique. The field trips are exciting and exceed expectations at every grade level. We love the performing arts program that allows all the children to have an opportunity to participate in both Christmas and spring programs every year. The Parents Club and community events are like the icing on the cake, giving the families a real sense of belonging.
- Posted by Parent - Cathy
Wonderful school! Strong academics, caring and nurturing environment coupled with dedicated and involved teachers. Strong parent involvement - they are helping to mold the leaders of tomorrow. This is what every elementary school should be!
- Posted by Parent - kelly
Highly reccommend this school! Loving and academic rolled into one great school. Fabulous and involved teachers that take the time to help and get to know your child.
- Posted by Parent - debsa