Tahoe Expedition Academy
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 234 students
- Yearly Tuition: $29,000
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Prepared for outdoors at all times)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Blacksmithing, Reading club, Robotics Club, Spanish Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Constructive Adversity: TEA`s educational program is centered on this innovative learning theory, designed by TEA`s Co-Founder. We define Constructive Adversity as the intentional construction of and engagement with adverse environments in order to build character, promote ethical engagement and create lasting knowledge and skills. In simpler terms, Constructive Adversity means using intellectual, social and physical challenges to help students engage, grow and thrive. Learn how to excel in dynamic and challenging environments by training in a controlled risk environment. Deepen learning through real-world experience, authenticity, and active learning. Create engaging, authentic and meaningful learning experiences that give purpose, relevance, and meaning to every child`s education.
- Academic Excellence: First and foremost,
TEA is an academic institution that prides itself on providing the
core content and skills students need to thrive in school and
beyond. Through our academic programs students can expect to:
- Develop core content and skills for college, career and life readiness.
- Engage actively in real-world learning by working with industry experts, conducting fieldwork and creating authentic products.
- Work with incredible TEAchers who view the world as a classroom.
- Character Building: Building character is
not an add-on at TEA, but rather it is embedded into the Crew`s
daily routines, integrated into the academic program and cultivated
through direct practice, intention and real-world adventures.
Through our character building programs our students will:
- Give back and advocate through service learning and doing good for others.
- Strengthen critical social-emotional learning character traits.
- Be known well and participate in the CommuniTEA and beyond.
- Real World Adventure: This is where the
magic happens and the deep, lasting memories are created. Wouldn`t
you want to go to a school where Real World Adventure is valued as
much as academics? Through our adventure programs our students
- Experience learning firsthand through hands-on exploration.
- Build physical strength, stamina, and ability through active learning.
- Receive consistent exposure to numerous cultures, industry experts and facets of nature
- Make a Positive +Impact: This is why we do what we do to give young people the know-how, skills, and opportunities to improve their own lives and positively impact the world around them. We do this work now when students are in their formative years and they are shaping who they are as human beings. We do not prepare students for the future. We prepare them for today
TEA focuses on the cultivation of eight essential character-based values enabled and strengthened by incredible teachers and role models, Constructive Adversity and real experiences.
- Performance Character Values & Habits of Scholarship
- Collaboration: learning how to work together in a variety of environments
- Craftsmanship: attending to the quality of work in the things we createPerseverance: having resilience in the face of adversity
- Responsibility: taking accountability and ownership for one`s actions and interactions
- Relational Character Values
- Empathy: showing the ability to understand and share the feelings of another
- Stewardship: taking action and care of the environment
- Advocacy: showing public support for people, causes, and initiatives
- Gratitude: giving appreciation for one another, ourselves and our environment
Endorse Tahoe Expedition Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards