Tampa Preparatory School
Tampa Preparatory School Photo #2 - Tampa Prep is Florida's most innovative school for students in grades 6-12, with innovative spaces, a VR/AR lab, robotics teams and a STEM Concentration. Check us out! https://tampaprep.org
Tampa Preparatory School Photo #3 - Welcome to Florida’s Most Innovative School, where we can promise an environment carefully crafted to elevate your learning experience and challenge you in ways that a more conventional environment cannot. https://tampaprep.org
- Tampa Preparatory School is a coeducational college preparatory school for students in grades 6 through 12.
- Our educational philosophy instills values of fairness, decency, honor, diligence and academic curiosity.
- As students discover their unique identities, they are enriched by a variety of fine and performing arts courses.
- Challenging academics include opportunities for focused concentration in STEM, Arts, Global Studies and Humanities.
- Our focus extends beyond typical college preparation to provide a preparation for life with a higher purpose than self.
- Our belief in a well-rounded education is reflected in our mission: A place to think, create, be yourself, aspire to excellence and go beyond.
- Our faculty members are role models who include these tenets in their teaching and in their lives.
Tampa Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||699 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Art Portfolio, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Economics, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language, AP Government & Politics, AP Latin, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1197|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress code includes collared shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,000|
|Tuition Notes||Our NEED-BASED GRANTS provide assistance for students whose families may not have the means to cover the cost of tuition. Visit www.tampaprep.org/tuition for details.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$14,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tammy Honegger|
|Admissions Associate||Mychael Fenlon|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||39 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Common Ground (LGBTQ), Culinary Club, Culture Shock (diversity and inclusion), Cum Laude Society, Debate Club, E-sports Team, Fantasy Football Club, French Club, French Honor Society, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), History Club, Latin Club, Math Club, Math Club / Mu Alpha Theta, Medical Explorers, Model United Nations, National Art Honor Society, National Latin Honor Society, Philosophy Club, Politics at Prep, Quill and Scroll, Red Shell (Upper School Athletic Fans), Robotics Club, Science Olympiad, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Student Council, TEDx Tampa Prep, Teen Court, Tri M Music Honor Society, VR (Virtual Reality) Club, Writing Center (peer tutoring)
Arts and Music Programs:
Anime Club, Coloring the Community (city murals), Photography Club, Rock Band Club, Theater Club, TPTV Live (television production)
- Our beautiful campus is located across the Hillsborough River from downtown Tampa and includes state-of-the-art facilities for students.
- Recently renovated classrooms feature Active Learning Environments (ALEs) customizable spaces that enhance student collaboration and creativity. Complete with green screens, Redcat sound system and ergonomic furniture, students can lead class discussions, present their work on various displays and work together or individually all in one space.
- WiFi is available throughout the entire campus in conjunction with our iPad one-to-one program.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Grades: PK-12
4811 Kelly Road
Tampa, FL 33615
(813) 885-1673 6.5 PK-12
- Tampa Grades: NS-12 | 1033 students
1515 W. Bearss Avenue
Tampa, FL 33613
(813) 920-2288 9.6 NS-12
- Tampa Grades: 9-12 | 764 students
4630 N Rome Ave
Tampa, FL 33603
(813) 870-0860 2.6 9-12
- Tampa Grades: NS-12 | 267 students
6815 North Rome Ave
Tampa, FL 33604
(813) 343-0600 4.1 NS-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?