The Academy restricts class size to twelve K-5 and fifteen 6-8. Students benefit from our small class sizes and our expert teachers.
All students at The Academy receive instruction from specialist teachers in Science, Art, Art History, French, Latin, Music, and Physical Education. Students K-5 stay with their homeroom teacher for Language Arts, Math, and Social Studies, while students 6-8 have a specialist teacher for each subject.
- The Academy is a private, co-educational school for students in kindergarten through eighth grade.
- The school offers a traditional and accelerated academic program, rich in the arts and music, for motivated and eager learners. The Academy promotes academic excellence, creativity and self-expression.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,000|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Justine Lewis|
|Admissions Associate||Amanda Kirkhart|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chorus, Extended Day, Piano Lessons Chorus, Extended Day, Piano Lessons,|
- Uncommon Excellence of Thought and Character in a Vibrant School Community
- The Academy's mission is to develop thoughtful, ambitious and deep learners. We honor each student's individuality, develop their sense of personal responsibility, respect for others, integrity and commitment to service and citizenship in a global society.
- We are a small, independent K-8 school with a 45-year legacy of providing our students with a rich and rigorous curriculum in a fun and nurturing environment. Each class K-5 has no more than twelve students, and each class 6-8 has no more than fifteen. We believe that our small class sizes best allow our experienced and passionate teachers to engage all of our students in thoughtful exploration and discussion of foundational concepts across subjects and grade levels.
- Our traditional approach to education, which includes immersive French instruction K-8 and Latin instruction 6-8, is complemented by our commitment to fostering social-emotional intelligence in our students, and instilling within each student a capacity for global awareness. Students leave The Academy not only exceptionally well-prepared for the next phase of their studies, but also well-equipped to understand and address challenges on local and global scales.
- SCHEDULE A TOUR: We offers tours weekday mornings, by appointment.To schedule a tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call our office at (510) 549-0605, or use the form provided on our website.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BerkeleyGrades: K-8 | 304 students
2027 7th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 643 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 871 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
BerkeleyGrades: PK-8 | 289 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
BerkeleyGrades: KG-5 | 104 students
1809 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94703
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017