The British International School of New York
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 295 students
- Yearly Tuition: $51,750
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Smart Casual Uniform)
Finances and Admission
Arabic, Brownies, Coding, Debate Club, Girl Scouts, Global Chefs, Mandarin
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Empire State of Sound, Set Design, The School Play
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fencing, Ice Skating, Karate, Table Tennis, Yoga
Rest assured that our team is here to help as you explore your options. Our warm and hands on approach is there to help guide you in the decision making process, answering questions and sharing context and information as you familiarize yourself with the city and some of the unique opportunities on offer here, so you can feel empowered and at ease as you start to settle in to your BIS-NY adventure.
Here's some useful information to support you as you consider your options:
- The British International School of New York (BIS-NY) was established in 2006 on Waterside Plaza, an upscale development on the banks of the East River.
- Facilities include an on-site swimming pool, secured playground, gym hall and Smart Boards in every classroom. French or Spanish is taught from Nursery all the way through the school with other languages available starting in 6th Grade.
- Individual music lessons are offered in addition to the class lessons, and a Summer Camp is run through the months of June to August.
- The co-ed student body is a mixture of British ex-patriots, American nationals and students from countries spanning the rest of the globe.
- The school teaches a mix of the English National Curriculum blended with the methodology of the International Baccalaureate. This combination is unique in New York City and deemed to offer a strong mix of academic rigour and transdiciplinary learning all within an intimate and nurturing environment.
- Graduates from The British International School of New York have taken up places at distinguished schools both locally and abroad. Please refer to our website for more information regarding onward placement.
- BIS-NY Upper offers the world class qualifications from Cambridge International Examinations, recognised for their quality and portability.
- BIS-NY is the sister school of the Abercorn School in London, England.
Endorse The British International School of New York. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards