The British International School of New York
- The British International School of New York is an outstanding IB World School that provides an excellent educational foundation for children, from the ages of 3, by integrating the widely acclaimed International Baccalaureate model with the best of the British curriculum. From September 2017 BIS-NY is accepting applications for its Upper School which will will open in 2018 offering the highly regarded Cambridge International IGCSEs and A-Levels.
- We warmly encourage you to come and see what makes BIS-NY so special for yourself & join us in a Private Tour of our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||295 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Smart Casual Uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$51,750|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Cycling, Dance, Football, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBallet, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Cycling,
Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arabic, Brownies, Coding, Debate Club, Girl Scouts, Global Chefs, Mandarin
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Empire State of Sound, Set Design, The School Play
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fencing, Ice Skating, Karate, Table Tennis, Yoga
Rest assured that our team is here to help as you explore your options. Our warm and hands on approach is there to help guide you in the decision making process, answering questions and sharing context and information as you familiarize yourself with the city and some of the unique opportunities on offer here, so you can feel empowered and at ease as you start to settle in to your BIS-NY adventure.
Here's some useful information to support you as you consider your options:
- The British International School of New York (BIS-NY) was established in 2006 on Waterside Plaza, an upscale development on the banks of the East River.
- Facilities include an on-site swimming pool, secured playground, gym hall and Smart Boards in every classroom. French or Spanish is taught from Nursery all the way through the school with other languages available starting in 6th Grade.
- Individual music lessons are offered in addition to the class lessons, and a Summer Camp is run through the months of June to August.
- The co-ed student body is a mixture of British ex-patriots, American nationals and students from countries spanning the rest of the globe.
- The school teaches a mix of the English National Curriculum blended with the methodology of the International Baccalaureate. This combination is unique in New York City and deemed to offer a strong mix of academic rigour and transdiciplinary learning all within an intimate and nurturing environment.
- Graduates from The British International School of New York have taken up places at distinguished schools both locally and abroad. Please refer to our website for more information regarding onward placement.
- BIS-NY is the sister school of the Abercorn School in London, England and the Abercorn International School in Austin, Texas.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1317 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212) 423-5200 3.2 K-12
- New York Grades: K-9 | 372 students
113 E 73rd St
New York, NY 10021
(212) 535-8787 2.5 K-9
Highly recommended. Beautiful physical plant. Incredibly professional teaching staff. High, fair standards. Great experience
- Posted by Parent - walte