The Burlington Academy Of Learning
- The Burlington Academy of Learning is a school for young children offering a complete environment where children and families are welcomed and supported.
- The Academy offers exceptional programs including a Nursery School, Prekindergarten, Junior Kindergarten, half or full-day Kindergarten, and Kindergarten enrichment.
- We also offer Summer Programs – Hot Stuff Summer Camp for Nursery School and PreKindergarten children and a Jump Start Tutorial Program for children entering Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- In keeping with our goal to support parents and "the family", we offer extended school options such as Before School hours, Lunch Bunch, and an After School program for children through 5th grade.
- We have a Supplemental Care Program available for families who need year-round care.
- Development in the areas of personal, emotional, social, physical, moral, spiritual, and cognitive which takes place in an environment rich in comfort and warmth where our faculty and staff members are mentors to our students.
- Certified teachers guide children with a strong focus on language and early literacy, appreciation of the arts, and character development.
- Spanish and Music Appreciation classes are part of our exceptional curriculum.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(\"Spirit Days\" the last consecutive Thursday and Friday of each month. Students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their school shirts in purple or green!)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is dependent upon choice of program and schedule.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kim McDonnell|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School/Homework Club Program 3:00pm-6:30pm, Before School Program 6:30am-8:30am, Lunch Bunch Program 11:30am-12:15pm, Summer Camp, Supplemental Care Program - School Vacations & Holidays|
- The Burlington Academy of Learning … Where Children and Families are Celebrated!!
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.