The Campus School Of Carlow University
5.00 (1 review)
- Through the partnering of spiritual values and academic excellence, The Campus School of Carlow University fosters in each child a love of life and learning and a sense of responsibility and purpose.
- Our students bring intellectual and cultural diversity, grit and determination, and an innate curiosity to our classrooms; our parents are deeply invested and actively engaged in their children’s education; and our faculty are highly qualified,experienced, and committed to The Campus School mission to provide students with an engaging learning environment that distinguishes our school as learner-centered, innovative,creative, and rooted in the Mercy tradition of love, service,and faith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Laboratory Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Catholic Education Association
Montessori Educational Programs International (MEPI)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid Available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,800|
|Admissions Director||Veronica Slain|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Entlish Festival, Forensics, French, Geo Bee, MathCounts, Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Sciences, Robotics, Scripps National Spelling Bee
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Campus School is an independent, Catholic, coeducational, laboratory school which seeks students from diverse backgrounds who demonstrate a strong interest in learning and whose families will be committed to the goals of the school. Rooted in the values-based tradition of the Sisters of Mercy, The Campus School provides a nurturing environment which focuses on the uniqueness of each child and encourages a spirit of community and service to others.The Campus School admits students of any race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national, or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Grades: PK-8 | 431 students
2900 Bedford Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
(412)682-3755 1 PK-8
- Pittsburgh Grades: K-8 | 386 students
4060 Allequippa St
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
(412)624-8020 0.7 K-8
- Pittsburgh Grades: K-8 | 75 students
5701 Fifth Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
(412)361-5332 2 K-8
We have been a part of the school community for 2 years and couldn't be more pleased with the individual attention and care that our son is getting there. I feel that the academics are developmentally appropriate and individually tailored, while at the same time rigorous. I especially appreciate the ways that STEAM initiatives are woven throughout the curriculum and the way that the school manages to maintain order and calm while still allowing the students to move around the classroom and collaborate with their teachers and fellow classmates throughout the day. The school is continuing to build and strengthen ties with Carlow University's Dept of Education and many exciting initiatives seem to be on the horizon, including expanded extracurricular offerings, a brand new gym facility, and an increasing focus on STEAM-focused project learning (mobile maker spaces throughout the school, etc). I think this school is a hidden gem, and it's not going to stay hidden for long.
- Posted by Parent - AcademicMom
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.