- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 84 students
- Yearly Tuition: $17,000
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting, Art, Guitar
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Stars of New York, Gymnastics, Karate, Running Club, Super Soccer Stars
- The Cathedral School's curriculum includes Preschool (Nursery and Prekindergarten), Lower school (grades K-4) and The Accelerated Middle School (grades 5 - 8). Our Preschool Program offers a nurturing and family like environment to our youngest learners. Teachers encourage curiosity and creativity through hands-on inquiry, play, and rich language experiences. In Kindergarten social-emotional and academic growth builds upon learned social and academic skills to begin formal instruction in the subject areas such as reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, science, and forgein language.
- The Lower School (grades K-5) curriculum is designed to strengthen literacy, cultivate math skills, establish effective work habits, and encourage students` citizenship by enhancing their understanding of the world around them. Reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, and science are cornerstone to the curriculum. The core curriculum, in addition to specialized subject areas such as art, language, music, mythology, and technology provide students with a balanced foundation for future academic success.
- Our Accelerated Middle School (grades 5-8) offers three strands of disciplines, Humanities (English and Social Studies), Classics and STEM. These courses are block scheduled to allow teachers to work together on interdisciplinary projects. Students in 7th and 8th grade are introduced to Latin and Ancient Greek, enhancing their understanding and function of language. All students are encouraged to graduate with three earned high school credits in subject areas such as math, foreign language, and science. Through small class sizes and individual attention, our middle school students are given every opportunity to learn and explore.
- In addition to the standard core classes of Math, English, History, Social Studies and Science, The Cathedral School offers Physical Education, Art and Music in its daily curriculum. Movement and Exercise and Music Appreciation are taught to Preschool students. The After-School Center, offers a variety of activities including sports, karate, music, art, creative writing, creative cooking, hands-on science, chess, drama, and Greek language and culture.
- The entire curriculum, nursery through grade eight, is articulated through standards that define the important knowledge, skills and understandings that we believe all students must acquire in order to become mindful, well-educated citizens. Our skilled and dedicated teachers are committed to helping all children reach their own individual best in every subject area.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Cathedral School cost?
When is the application deadline for The Cathedral School?
View the The Cathedral School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Endorse The Cathedral School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards