The Center School
- The Center School serves 104 students in grades 2-12 and is a member of the National Association of Private Special Education Centers and the Other associations(s) for exceptional children.
- The student:teacher of The Center School is 4:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Nonsectarian.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||104 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Maryellen Grabowski|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Clubs, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Theater Production
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Bike Club, intramural sports
- The Center School is committed to helping children with learning disabilities and school adjustment problems, to ultimately function well in their academic achievements, peer relationships, family life and in the development of a positive self-image for whatever setting he/ she may experience in life.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wickatunk Grades: 6-12 | 166 students
160 Conover Rd
Wickatunk, NJ 07765
(732)946-4771 14.3 6-12
- Somerset Grades: 8-12 | 134 students
2200 Cottontail Lane
Somerset, NJ 08873
(732)271-5775 6.9 8-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.