The Center School
- The Center School serves 104 students in grades 2-12 and is a member of the National Association of Private Special Education Centers and the Other associations(s) for exceptional children.
- The student:teacher of The Center School is 4:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Nonsectarian.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||104 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Maryellen Grabowski|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Clubs, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Theater Production
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Bike Club, intramural sports
- The Center School is committed to helping children with learning disabilities and school adjustment problems, to ultimately function well in their academic achievements, peer relationships, family life and in the development of a positive self-image for whatever setting he/ she may experience in life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wickatunk Grades: 6-12 | 166 students
160 Conover Rd
Wickatunk, NJ 07765
(732)946-4771 14.3 6-12
- Somerset Grades: 8-12 | 134 students
2200 Cottontail Lane
Somerset, NJ 08873
(732)271-5775 6.9 8-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.