The Chapin School Ltd
- The Chapin School is committed to preparing young women to thrive and lead in an increasingly complex world through the pursuit of academic excellence, personal integrity, and community responsibility.
- Chapin graduates are distinguished by their advanced command of the sciences, humanities, social studies and arts, as well as by their strong values, integrity, and sense of their achievement and potential.
- The school's college-preparatory curriculum takes into account the total development of each girl, from her academic progress to her social and emotional health.
- Through liberal arts courses, participation in athletics and clubs, exposure to the fine and performing arts, and enriching social activities, a Chapin education challenges the minds of girls and young women while providing the foundation for a lifetime of curiosity, creativity, and intellectual achievement.
- Chapin is built on a strong and deeply held, community-wide commitment to academic excellence within a caring environment.
- Essential to the achievement of this excellence is a system of collegiality developed by the faculty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||832 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||114 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 705 students
610 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
(212)744-8582 0.1 K-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 733 students
22 E 91st St
New York, NY 10128
(212)289-5940 1 K-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1317 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212)423-5200 0.8 K-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 493 students
45 E 75th St
New York, NY 10021
(212)288-1919 0.9 K-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.