The Chapin School Ltd
- The Chapin School is committed to preparing young women to thrive and lead in an increasingly complex world through the pursuit of academic excellence, personal integrity, and community responsibility.
- Chapin graduates are distinguished by their advanced command of the sciences, humanities, social studies and arts, as well as by their strong values, integrity, and sense of their achievement and potential.
- The school's college-preparatory curriculum takes into account the total development of each girl, from her academic progress to her social and emotional health.
- Through liberal arts courses, participation in athletics and clubs, exposure to the fine and performing arts, and enriching social activities, a Chapin education challenges the minds of girls and young women while providing the foundation for a lifetime of curiosity, creativity, and intellectual achievement.
- Chapin is built on a strong and deeply held, community-wide commitment to academic excellence within a caring environment.
- Essential to the achievement of this excellence is a system of collegiality developed by the faculty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||711 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||117 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 681 students
610 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 685 students
22 E 91st St
New York, NY 10128
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 501 students
45 E 75th St
New York, NY 10021
- New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.