The Children's School
- The Children's School's commitment to providing young children with the very best learning experience not only endures it is thriving.
- The success of The Children's School lies in the fulfillment of its mission, to support children as individuals, helping them to discover their talents and interests while encouraging them to respect themselves and one another.
- Blending specific educational techniques, stimulating montessori materials and a curriculum that integrates thinking skills, problem solving and creative expression, the school sets children on the path of lifelong learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stamford Grades: NS-8 | 137 students
1095 Riverbank Road
Stamford, CT 06903
(203)595-9500 2.2 NS-8
- Stamford Grades: PK-5 | 141 students
770 Pacific St
Stamford, CT 06902
(203)975-8579 6.2 PK-5
- Greenwich Grades: PK-9 | 864 students
401 Old Church Rd
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203)863-5600 7.9 PK-9
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.