- Full-time program, K - grade 8. The dePaul School for Dyslexia provides an alternative educational experience for children with languaged based learning differences and attention deficits.
- Individuals are taught in classes structured to help promote personal success through evaluation, assessment and specialized instruction.
- dePaul School is a non-profit 501(c)(3)agency - non-denominational Private School - small class sizes - researched-based, multi-sensory, strutured linguistics program.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Learning Differences, ADHA, ADD, Processing Disorder|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Uniforms, pants,shorts, skirts- navy blue, Polo shirts - royal blue and red (middle school))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 31 / Aug. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,900|
|Tuition Notes||dePaul accepts McKay Scholarship and offers limited Scholarships|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Vicki Howell, Head of School|
|Admissions Associate||Anne Boortz|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,
Field Hockey, Flag Football,
Track and Field
- The dePaul School for Dyslexia provides an alternative educational experience for children with language based learning disabilities and attention deficits. Individuals are taught in programs structured to help promote personal success through evaluation, assessment and specialized instruction. The dePaul School Summer Reading Camp focuses on improving basic reading and literacy skills. Each student receives instruction in dePaul Structured Linguistics, Auditory Discrimination and Reading. As the program is designed for students struggling with reading, writing, spelling or experiencing learning difficulties, admission screening may be required to determine eligibility. The dePaul School was founded in 1970 in Louisville, Kentucky and was locally established in 1983 to provide an educational facility for students who are recognized to have learning differences, especially dyslexia. A full-time school curriculum is provided for these students. Classes are small, highly structured, sequential, teacher directed and paced to maintain the interest and attention of the student. We make no promises as to the rate of achievement of our students. In an environment structured to these real needs, they move as rapidly as possible. Some students have needed only a year of specialized instruction; most students have required more than that. Daily P.E. classes cover the sports listed on the Sports List plus additional exercises.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
People that viewed The dePaul School For Dyslexia also viewed these schools: Countryside Christian Academy.
This school really helped me a lot. They have smaller class rooms so the tea hers can have one on one time if you don't understand the lesson. And in the delta program (middle school) you can rent out an iPad for the school year and starting in the school year of 2012 ever classroom will have a smart board. And all the staff are super nice. If you are look for a school for your child then you should look here.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Valer
I am the guardian of a child that has been struggling in school. She attended DePaul's summer school and was a different child with the care, nurturing and education she received in this short time. She improved drastically in reading comprehension, sound out new words and her cursive writing. What a difference this school made in her self esteem. She was always eager to go to school and came home happy. Her story writing was awesome, such creativity was shown in each story she wrote. A+++++ for this experience. Thanks you DePaul.
- Posted by Parent - pennh
My daughter struggled in the public school system. I enrolled her in the dePaul school, and she has excelled in a very short time. The one on one instruction, and ability of the staff to adapt and help the child learn is fantastic.
- Posted by Parent - ladyf
Love the personal touch. My child has really been able to open up, grow and mature. Very loving environment.
- Posted by Parent - Nickp
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.