The French American School of Tampa Bay
The French American School of Tampa Bay is a French Immersion and Bilingual school for Pre-K through Grade 12. Younger students - ages 3-7 - are fully immersed in French and learn the language naturally, experiencing it throughout the day in play, activities and music. English is introduced as a class in Grade 2 and by the end of Grade 4, students are bilingual, able to speak, understand, read and write equally in both languages, and ready to pursue advanced French in middle school and high school.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 11 students
- Yearly Tuition: $13,500
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
- The gift of language is one that lasts a lifetime and The French American School of Tampa Bay offers an opportunity for your child to become bilingual naturally, at a very young age, in an authentically French, immersive environment. It's an educational approach that is unique in the Tampa Bay region.
- For the younger grades (Pre-K through Grade 3), no prior French language education is required to enroll in our school. Our teachers are native French speakers and French is the language of instruction, so all classes (math, science, art etc) are taught in authentic, native French. The young brain is able to pick up the language in much the same way an infant learns his or her native tongue: first observing and listening, then understanding and eventually speaking. Amazingly, students also develop an authentic French accent - but only when speaking French; their American or native accent remains intact when speaking that language.
- We follow the French national curriculum but make necessary adjustments so that students are fully prepared to transition to a US school. Part of the French curriculum in younger grades is incorporating Montessori-style activity stations and independent learning. Students who join us in Pre-K, K or Grade 1 will first learn to read and write in French in 1st grade, then in English in Grades 2 & 3, becoming fully bilingual by the end of Grade 4.
- Music and art are also very important pieces in our approach. Students are regularly engaged in art projects that complement what they are learning in other subjects. Suzuki violin and piano instruction is a listen-first method that is very similar to our language approach, and we also have lessons from Music & Me, our local Music Together company, which develop a love for music and introduce students to rhythms, singing and multiple instruments.
- We invite you to contact us for a visit, preferably during school hours so you can see our approach first hand. Please call 727-800-2159. Merci!
Endorse The French American School of Tampa Bay. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.