The Gooden School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Gooden School offers a firm educational foundation, using both traditional and progressive approaches.
- Our nurturing community allows students opportunities to grow in body, mind and spirit, to gain confidence and to discover their unique gifts.
- We value diversity and promote character development and responsibility within a framework of Episcopal values.
- We foster a life-long commitment to learning, to compassion and to service by emphasizing respect for self, respect for others, and respect for the world.
- At Gooden, we believe that all students possess gifts which are manifested in many ways throughout their years at Gooden.
- These gifts may be discovered or enhanced through academic excellence, musical, artistic or dramatic ability or through sports endeavors. It is a primary objective of faculty and staff to provide avenues that will allow all students to discover their gifts - those personal traits that make each member of our school community unique.
- Also, we believe in the education of the whole child by providing a rich, balanced program that allows for a variety of learning styles.
- A learning environment that is varied and creative involves all students and invites them to participate actively, learning to relate their classroom experiences to their personal lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||http://www.goodensummerschool.org/|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students wear uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Admissions Director||Tricia Xavier|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Flag Football,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Drama, Instrumental Music, Speech and Debate, STEAM, Studio Art
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Foothill Sports League
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Marino Grades: NS-8 | 265 students
2955 Huntington Dr
San Marino, CA 91108
(626)796-8223 3.5 NS-8
- Sierra Madre Grades: K-8 | 288 students
322 N Baldwin Ave
Sierra Madre, CA 91024
(626)355-6114 0.2 K-8
- Arcadia Grades: PK-8 | 321 students
360 Campus Dr
Arcadia, CA 91007
(626)447-6312 2.4 PK-8
We are in our fifth year at Gooden now and couldn't be happier that our boys are part of this tight-knit community in Sierra Madre. The children at Gooden are surrounded by amazing teachers and staff providing a well-rounded education that prepares them for the best high schools in the Pasadena area. Students receive individualized guidance owing to the small class sizes. Music, art, PE, technology, Spanish, and Latin (5-8) are exceptional. Parent volunteering is not required, but believe me you'll want to spend time there contributing knowing that your children are part of something truly special and that you are giving them something that will be with them the rest of their lives.
- Posted by Parent - rhofe
My two children have been attending The Gooden School for seven years. The Gooden is best at teaching character traits such as care and empathy. Love the school. Love the teachers. My kids are doing well. The school provides a nurturing environment that has a great music, art and physical education program as well. Kids who graduate from the Gooden are well rounded and obtain a balanced education. Focus is on the individual as a person first.
- Posted by Parent - lorri
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.