St Rita School
- We, at Saint Rita School, believe that each student should develop an understanding of the dignity and spiritual destiny of every person.
- We create a deep sense of community by developing Christian attitude and life style.
- We motivate the student to achieve his/her full potential intellectually, socially, and spiritually.
- St. Rita School is a faith community committed to the dignity and spiritual destiny of every person.
- We stress educational excellence and the development of the character and individual abilities of our students within the context of Catholic- Christian values and personal integrity.
- We serve and assist parents by creating and maintaining a loving, caring, and Catholic environment.
- Through our modeling, we hope to guide and lead each child with respect to his/her ultimate goal and simultaneously with respect to the good of our global community.
St Rita School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||288 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Sara Landis|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Fine Arts, Speech and Debate
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Baton and Cheer, Cooking, Legos, Martial Arts, Skateboarding
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arcadia Grades: PK-11 | 184 students
823 S 1st Avenue
Arcadia, CA 91006
(626)786-1557 2.9 PK-11
- Arcadia Grades: NS-8 | 173 students
1900 S Santa Anita Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006
(626)574-8229 3.7 NS-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.