The Hayground School
Tel: (631) 537-7068
- Hayground School is founded on the conviction that all children can and should live a life of the mind.
- All children can be serious and passionate reasers; all children can engage in serious discourse; all children can work and study in a community where art is at the center, not the periphery, of life.
- All children can develop the habit of compassion. Our mission at Hayground is to provide an open, community school where unproductive conventions are replaced by new ways of teaching and learning.
- We are committed to a program of innovalaton in a community of diversity, both economical and cultural.
The Hayground School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Marcelle Langendal|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Centerport Grades: PK-6 | 184 students
105 Prospect Rd
Centerport, NY 11721
(631) 629-5599 55.4 PK-6
- Southampton Grades: PK-8 | 283 students
160 N Main Street
Southampton, NY 11968
(631) 283-9140 5.6 PK-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.