- Hayground School is founded on the conviction that all children can and should live a life of the mind.
- All children can be serious and passionate reasers; all children can engage in serious discourse; all children can work and study in a community where art is at the center, not the periphery, of life.
- All children can develop the habit of compassion. Our mission at Hayground is to provide an open, community school where unproductive conventions are replaced by new ways of teaching and learning.
- We are committed to a program of innovalaton in a community of diversity, both economical and cultural.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Marcelle Langendal|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SouthamptonGrades: PK-8 | 343 students
160 N Main Street
Southampton, NY 11968
Sag HarborGrades: K-9 | 235 students
135 Division St
Sag Harbor, NY 11963
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.