The Hillier School
The Hillier School was founded in the 1960s by Highland Park Presbyterian Church as a special ministry dedicated to teaching children with learning differences.
We provide a much needed, fully accredited program for students who demonstrate a significant discrepancy between intellectual potential and academic performance.
With an emphasis on reading. writing, and spelling, our understanding and patient staff strives to raise academic achievement through multi-sensory, success-oriented teaching techniques and small, structured classes.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-8
- Students: 33 students
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- The Hillier School was founded in the 1960s by Highland Park Presbyterian Church as a special ministry dedicated to teaching children with learning differences.The school provides a much needed accredited program for students who demonstrate a significant discrepancy between intellectual potential and academic performance.With an emphasis on reading, writing and spelling, the Hillier faculty strives to raise academic achievement through multisensory, success-oriented teaching techniques and small, structured classes.Small class sizes of typically six students, offered in a Christian context, create an environment uniquely suited to developing the whole child. A Christ-centered environment fosters self-respect and competence in our students which we believe to be essential to their future success in life.The Hillier School is a state-accredited school, providing a full-academic program for the student with dyslexia and related language learning differences. Students are taught through a structured, multisensory teaching approach and receive classes in reading, English, Math, Social studies, Science, Physical Education, Art, Computer, Music and Character Building. In addition, principles of the Christian faith are taught during our weekly chapels.
Profile last updated: 01/08/2021
Endorse The Hillier School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.