The Hillier School
The Hillier School was founded in the 1960s by Highland Park Presbyterian Church as a special ministry dedicated to teaching children with learning differences.
We provide a much needed, fully accredited program for students who demonstrate a significant discrepancy between intellectual potential and academic performance.
With an emphasis on reading. writing, and spelling, our understanding and patient staff strives to raise academic achievement through multi-sensory, success-oriented teaching techniques and small, structured classes.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-8
- Enrollment: 33 students
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- The Hillier School was founded in the 1960s by Highland Park Presbyterian Church as a special ministry dedicated to teaching children with learning differences.The school provides a much needed accredited program for students who demonstrate a significant discrepancy between intellectual potential and academic performance.With an emphasis on reading, writing and spelling, the Hillier faculty strives to raise academic achievement through multisensory, success-oriented teaching techniques and small, structured classes.Small class sizes of typically six students, offered in a Christian context, create an environment uniquely suited to developing the whole child. A Christ-centered environment fosters self-respect and competence in our students which we believe to be essential to their future success in life.The Hillier School is a state-accredited school, providing a full-academic program for the student with dyslexia and related language learning differences. Students are taught through a structured, multisensory teaching approach and receive classes in reading, English, Math, Social studies, Science, Physical Education, Art, Computer, Music and Character Building. In addition, principles of the Christian faith are taught during our weekly chapels.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for The Hillier School?
The application deadline for The Hillier School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Hillier School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How To Find The School You Want
Finding the right school for your child is a major project. However, if you tackle it methodically, you will get good results. Here's a roadmap to finding the school you want.
Private School Supplies
Your child will need lots of supplies when she goes off to private school. These lists will help get you organized.
A Baker's Dozen of 'Must Have' Sites
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.