The Lakeside School
- The Lakeside School, is a facility dedicated to develop and maximize each student's individual abilities which will lead to successful transition of handicapped youth from school to adult life.
- This goal will be accomplished through structured learning centered around in life experiences.
- Lakeside School is committed to an educational program that facilitates both growth and development, and prepares the students for post school experiences including employment, survival skills, problem solving, critical thinking and the ability to generalize these skills and essential components as an independent and productive member of society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Orange Grades: 9-12 | 937 students
120 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
(973)325-7737 0.9 9-12
- Union Grades: PK-12 | 120 students
1140 Commerce Ave
Union, NJ 07083
(908)206-0444 5.6 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.