The Lakeside School
Tel: (973) 678-7778
- The Lakeside School, is a facility dedicated to develop and maximize each student's individual abilities which will lead to successful transition of handicapped youth from school to adult life.
- This goal will be accomplished through structured learning centered around in life experiences.
- Lakeside School is committed to an educational program that facilitates both growth and development, and prepares the students for post school experiences including employment, survival skills, problem solving, critical thinking and the ability to generalize these skills and essential components as an independent and productive member of society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Orange Grades: 9-12 | 959 students
120 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
(973) 325-6626 0.9 9-12
- Union Grades: PK-12 | 120 students
1140 Commerce Ave
Union, NJ 07083
(908) 206-0444 5.6 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.